Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Turn Off Interactive

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off the interactive displays, like "Press Select for Live Scores" or "Press Select for Interactive TV"? I once mistakenly did that and lost my saved buffer. Is there an option to not get those interruptions on live programming?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to turn off the interactive displays, like "Press Select for Live Scores" or "Press Select for Interactive TV"? I once mistakenly did that and lost my saved buffer. Is there an option to not get those interruptions on live programming?

Yes, hit EXIT after tuning to the channel. That should turn it off.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Thanks, I'll try it. Will that turn it off only for that channel while I'm watching it, and then it'll still appear on other channels and this same one once I come back to it?

#4 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Yea, it will turn back on as soon as you change the channel.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,089 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Davenlr... no offense but do you realize this is the Dish subforum? Their STBs might be different with interactive features. :)
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Oh my bad...didnt notice that. Disregard, and my apologies to the OP.

#7 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Menu >> System Setup >> Installation >> TV Enhancements

Check Enable or Disable
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#8 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Thanks. I bet that'll do it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...