Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PTAT Not recording on one Hopper...

hdd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

But records on the other Hopper just fine. I have two Hoppers and two Joeys. Each Hopper has one Joey enabled (paired?).

Right after I enabled PTAT to record tonight on the media room Hopper, that Hopper lost the ability to tune to any HD channel on Sat 129. Standard Def works, but only after it an error message for lost signal, then the blue screen saying Dish knows and not to call. Very funky behavior here. I get HD on the Joey that's paired with the Hopper that's lost the HD. I think the Hopper is bad.

Scott

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,738 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

In case if a question about reception arise - start from checking signal levels on each transponder of the sat [perhaps on all your sats too; if you concern about common parts of your setup, like a switch or/and LNBFs, cabling ]

#3 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

Yep. Thanks. Tuner 1 is the issue. It shows signal and lock on 129 but doesn't get the satellite name after any DVR event (including PTAT) is scheduled. The other two tuners work fine. I wish there was a way to disable PTAT without having to wait until after the evening's programming has finished. If that could be done, I'm certain 129 would come back. Very odd.

Scott

#4 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Still waiting on Dish to show up to troubleshoot, so I decided to install my Harmony Link. I've always wanted a touch panel LCD remote and now with my iPad and iPhone's I have one. Setting up devices required me to use a 2.0 remote (that I bought a while back) to program functions, but it took only three keypresses to do that. Using a 2.0 or other IR remote is necessary because I believe the Hopper remote is UHF. It's cool, though. The only problem so far with the Harmony link is that the guide there has the wrong channel numbers for the locals. I don't know if I can fix that, but I'm playing with it while waiting.

When you think about it, nearly everything with the Hopper could be controlled via TCP/IP. There should be an app for that apart or included in the Dish app that doesn't require a Sling adapter.

Fun stuff!

Scott

#5 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Fixed, so far. The Hopper I thought was bad was replaced. :icon_hroc

Scott

#6 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

Looks like the PTAT and timed DVR causing 129 to drop was fixed. Everything worked great last night after replacing the affected Hopper.

Side note on the Logitech Harmony Link... Even with the 20 remote, not all buttons are programmed. Things like Page-up, Page-down are missing in the application. On the iPad app, I don't think it's possible to add buttons because of the faux remote being on a single page (I'll have to look at more closely as time permits). On the iPhone app, additional buttons/pages are available. I somehow don't think it's going to replace my handheld harmony which works fine.

Scott

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdd

spam firewall