Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Complete loss of signal

whole-home

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thaipinoy1

thaipinoy1

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

I am in socal and its raining right now. I have been experiencing "Complete loss of signal". This is the first time I have seen this. Anybody else having this issue?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,739 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

It rains in southern California??? :)

Once it clears up take a look at your signal levels. Your dish may need reaiming or there may be connectors that need to be replaced if they are allowing water into the system. If you have problems with the dish they should be straightened out as part of your Hopper/Joey install (which you asked about in another thread).

Some people seem to get rain fade all the time - if this is your first time either you are new to satellite or are not one of those people.

#3 OFFLINE   yall2

yall2

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

It happens in other parts of the country all the time. But then we can still remember what rain is :D

#4 OFFLINE   Rainbird

Rainbird

Mentor

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

I am on the Central Coast of California. This storm produced some very heavy rain at times. I had a temporary loss of signal as well. After the rain let up, everything was fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whole-home

Protected By... spam firewall...And...