Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sling Adapter on Hopper

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,855 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

So far no one has two SA on two H2k on same account ... if you'll get two - let us know how it working.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

2 slings 1 on each Hopper. You can change which one you're viewing in the sling software.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#23 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,855 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Beyond the obvious selection, we never heard if 'seamlessly' integrated h2ks could react to other SA, play from other h2k, etc - many practical questions arise in view of such configuration.

#24 OFFLINE   eddwall

eddwall

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

So far no one has two SA on two H2k on same account ... if you'll get two - let us know how it working.

I have a 2H/4J system....I have a sling adapter on each Hopper. I connect to the SA/Hooper that has an available tuner.

#25 OFFLINE   riah

riah

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

2 slings 1 on each Hopper. You can change which one you're viewing in the sling software.

Same here works fine

#26 OFFLINE   bf1967

bf1967

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yes.

Original Sling boxes are different and independent devices, could also work with DTV, Comcast, etc boxes.

Thanks. That's what I have. Just ordered a Hopper/3 Joey setup to upgrade to. Wanted to make sure I could use the Sling and wasn't sure if there were other setups than the one I have.

Bob

#27 OFFLINE   bigdog9586

bigdog9586

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Thanks. That's what I have. Just ordered a Hopper/3 Joey setup to upgrade to. Wanted to make sure I could use the Sling and wasn't sure if there were other setups than the one I have.

Bob

I'm a thousand miles away from my hopper and at my sons house works great. At motel I switched to SD as slower connection.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...