Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DP Quad LNB or Legacy LNB?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MileHi

MileHi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 08:53 PM

My current setup is a Dish 500 with a Quad (legacy) LNB connected to a 501, 301 and an older (legacy) JVC DSR100U. I'm getting a 721 so I can retire the DSR100U. Will the DP Quad buy me any improvements or should I just save the cash and stick with the current LNB? Eventually I'll take the plunge into HD programming, but that's not currently in the cards... There are a couple of (possibly) decent deals for the DP LNB that I'm watching on Ebay, so I'm curious and interested.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Tasydra

Tasydra

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 09:09 PM

My current setup is a Dish 500 with a Quad (legacy) LNB connected to a 501, 301 and an older (legacy) JVC DSR100U. I'm getting a 721 so I can retire the DSR100U. Will the DP Quad buy me any improvements or should I just save the cash and stick with the current LNB? Eventually I'll take the plunge into HD programming, but that's not currently in the cards... There are a couple of (possibly) decent deals for the DP LNB that I'm watching on Ebay, so I'm curious and interested.

This is just my personal opinion, but the DP Quad will in most ways, be the er... way to go.

DP Quad can trunk 6 DP34's (and the up-comming DP44) for a total of 24 IRD's, or, 12 dual tunner IRD's.

Aside from that, hehe, there is really no use. Now, if you plan on having more dual tunner IRD's in the future, a DP Quad WILL save you a headache. Hope this helps.

-Tasy

#3 OFFLINE   MileHi

MileHi

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 10:40 PM

This is just my personal opinion, but the DP Quad will in most ways, be the er... way to go.

DP Quad can trunk 6 DP34's (and the up-comming DP44) for a total of 24 IRD's, or, 12 dual tunner IRD's.

Aside from that, hehe, there is really no use. Now, if you plan on having more dual tunner IRD's in the future, a DP Quad WILL save you a headache. Hope this helps.

-Tasy

Yeah, that helps a lot... So if one of the Ebay LNBs stays a sreamin' deal, I'll snag one... Otherwise I can wait.
Thanks

#4 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 931 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:56 AM

Is the Dish Pro LNB better in in away.

Faster Channel changes better rain fade prevent or anything like that?

#5 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 11:41 AM

No Dish Pro just introduces bandstacking and more problems for old wiring. Instead of 1450 being the high frequency for the downconverted signal your cable needs to pass all the frequencies upto 2100mhz or you can lose channels.

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,265 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:56 PM

Dishpro does seem to have a higher power output, and can be put on a longer cable run. Old wiring will introduce problems of its own, in time.

JL

#7 OFFLINE   Raymond Simonian

Raymond Simonian

Legend

• Registered
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:05 PM

Is the Dish Pro LNB better in in away.

Faster Channel changes better rain fade prevent or anything like that?

I switched to DishPro equipment a month ago when I purchased the 811 and needed extra feeds for the 921 which I should have by Friday, Jan. 8th. I have not had any rain faid since. Prior to that it seemed every time I had an average rain fall I would lose reception with the legacy equipment. But the installers did a very bad job of hooking up the two legacy SW switches. They put them on the roof and I had to cauck them all up with silicone.
Ray S

Protected By... spam firewall...And...