Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV has lost and got back Tribune stations due to retrans dispute

• Please log in to reply
861 replies to this topic

#201 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,985 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Maybe they are holding out to finish contract terms for DirecTV to carry the SupperStation package like Dish Network has today.

KTLA (Los Angeles), WPIX (New York), KWGN (Denver), WSBK (Boston) and WWOR (New York)

Oh wait, just dreaming in HD again, it will never happen.

Why? What would anyone gain by all those being carried nationally, other than local news from other markets, to which I say, there's the Internet and does anyone really care about that?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#202 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,985 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

See what I mean about playing games ....Dish network 250 channel package and free DVR and Free HD coming up Monday. Fox soccer channel too!

!rolling

This happens more at DISH than any other provider in the country...

#203 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Looks like they will come down at 12am pdt according to the directv twitter feed, but the word is they will come down because no agreement has occurred tonight.

Just stated on the news...

As of 10:00 p.m. CDT, WGN News Anchorman Bob Jordan said:

#204 OFFLINE   rrdirectsr

rrdirectsr

Legend

• Registered
  • 177 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

They're not running scrawls; rather, they have actual information commercials announcing what is happening.

Thank you for the clarification. Hope this doesn't last long.
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

3 HR24-100s owned
1 AM21 with cheap indoor multidirectional OTA
Slimline 5
WorldDirect
WHDVR with BB DECA

#205 OFFLINE   ActiveHDdave

ActiveHDdave

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

!rolling

This happens more at DISH than any other provider in the country...

Yes it does .....But my bill will be a lot less next year and then I will come back to Direct TV and play their game again with newbie package. :rolleyes:

#206 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,985 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:28 PM

All of their programing on wgn america is available elsewhere except for a few games that are not televised in the other teams markets. Only those in those markets would be without those games because the wgn feed is used in mlb.tv.

Wgn America dose not have any of Chicago's local team games last time I looked. That stopped a while ago. in fact, didn't that stop when they split wgn into wgn and wgn america? Did they start showing games again on that channel?

#207 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,985 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

I am lucky, I can get ktla via ota, so I don't really care to much. Sucks for others though that can't get them via ota.

#208 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

They show all of wgn's Cubs and White Sox games. They also show most of their Bulls games as well. Before the lockout, they were scheduled to air every wgn bulls game this season. Blackhawks are the only team not on WGN America. The only thing I have any interest on the station in is the sports otherwise wouldn't be bothered at all seeing it go. I won't lose any games though due to the out of market packages and their online counter parts.

Wgn America dose not have any of Chicago's local team games last time I looked. That stopped a while ago. in fact, didn't that stop when they split wgn into wgn and wgn america? Did they start showing games again on that channel?

#209 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,985 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

They show all of wgn's Cubs and White Sox games. They also show most of their Bulls games as well. Before the lockout, they were scheduled to air every wgn bulls game this season. Blackhawks are the only team not on WGN America. The only thing I have any interest on the station in is the sports otherwise wouldn't be bothered at all seeing it go. I won't lose any games though due to the out of market packages and their online counter parts.

Really? I'll have to look and see, but last time I checked, I'll be it a few years ago, you cold not get those teams here in la on wgn. Course if the station goes dark, I won't be able to see for myself anyway.

Plus, that screws with extra innings and league pass, is this really doesn't make any sense these days.

#210 OFFLINE   RML81

RML81

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Whose midnight is the expiration time? Eastern time?

#211 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

They may have a lot less games than they used to, but they still have them.
http://www.wgnameric...00344.htmlstory
http://media.trb.com...02/68266031.pdf
http://media.trb.com...03/68676161.pdf

#212 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

Directv is saying it will be pacific.

Whose midnight is the expiration time? Eastern time?

#213 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

about 120 games. WGN games in nhl center ice and nba league pass are provided by the league. mlb.tv carries the wgn feed for sox and cubs games as well. nba league pass broadband uses the hd feed for a game unless it isn't televised in hd. WGN9 blackhawk games are available as part of nhl gamecenter live.

Really? I'll have to look and see, but last time I checked, I'll be it a few years ago, you cold not get those teams here in la on wgn. Course if the station goes dark, I won't be able to see for myself anyway.

Plus, that screws with extra innings and league pass, is this really doesn't make any sense these days.

#214 OFFLINE   RML81

RML81

Legend

• Registered
  • 111 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

KTLA has a countdown clock on its website that is counting down to midnight eastern...interesting.

#215 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,401 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Only SLIGHTLY on topic, but I wonder when this will end. (It looks like the Tribune stations are not the only ones going black tonight).

I also wonder why this one was so quiet...

http://directvpromis...ing-negotiation

DIRECTV is in negotiations with Pappas Telecasting about how much of your bill is fair to pay for their programming.

DIRECTV is working to keep providing Pappas Telecasting’s local news and network programs. However, Pappas has informed us that on March 31, they will disconnect their DIRECTV viewers. We have no problem compensating Pappas fairly, and absolutely no intention of denying anyone access to these stations unless Pappas demands it.

Our negotiations with Pappas Telecasting cover the following channels:

KFXL (FOX) Lincoln, NE Ch.17
KHGI (ABC) Lincoln, NE Ch.13
KAZO (AZA/Azteca) Omaha, NE Ch.57
KCWI (CW) Des Moines, IA Ch.23
KSWT (CBS) Yuma, AZ Ch.13

#216 OFFLINE   texasbrit

texasbrit

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

I have hr34 but with am21. Not am21n. Would that make a difference?

I don't have one, but my understanding is that to get the HR34 to scan for channels you need the AM21N

#217 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Still on here in PA....must be midnight pacific
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#218 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,173 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Looks like they will come down at 12am pdt according to the directv twitter feed, but the word is they will come down because no agreement has occurred tonight.

WGN reported midnight CDT.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#219 OFFLINE   ActiveHDdave

ActiveHDdave

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

KTLA has a countdown clock on its website that is counting down to midnight eastern...interesting.

"It's finally here" it says? Like I was hoping for this! Weird!

#220 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

"It's finally here" it says? Like I was hoping for this! Weird!

Now they reset the clock to Central Time hahahah

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

spam firewall