Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

combining discounts

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robl45

robl45

Legend

• Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

can I combine the refer a friend discount with AAA discount? I have searched and seen some people say yes, others no. its a pretty easy decision to take a chance if I can combine both, but if not, still might not be a bad deal, just would like to save as much as possible before I make a 2 year deal with the devil :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   boatlover

boatlover

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

It can be done. Place the order with the AAA phone #. Wait a day and call referral # and tell them you forgot to add referral. Have your info ready.

Worked for me.

#3 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:21 PM

While that might work, don't count on it working 100% of the time. Most CSRs on the referral line will not add the referral discount on after the fact. That's why the AAA and Referral Program each have their own special number to call.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,333 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

can I combine the refer a friend discount with AAA discount? I have searched and seen some people say yes, others no. its a pretty easy decision to take a chance if I can combine both, but if not, still might not be a bad deal, just would like to save as much as possible before I make a 2 year deal with the devil :)

If I were to have to choose one of the two, I'd probably choose the referral, at least depending on your relationship with the referer. And a deal with the devil wold be a two year contract with Time Warner, I didn't realize this, but their contracts auto renew :)

#5 OFFLINE   robl45

robl45

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

so lets say it doesn't work, i could just cancel the install right?

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,333 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

Right, you're not under contract until the install. I wouldn't wait until the truck is on his way, that's not nice :)

#7 OFFLINE   mitchinpa

mitchinpa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

I was successful in stacking the two discounts earlier this month. Like the other posters have said, call AAA number first, then a day or two later, call the referral number.

#8 OFFLINE   Justin85

Justin85

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

I got them both on the original call... was a couple years ago though.

#9 OFFLINE   jlobb2

jlobb2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

I received both discounts when I signed up a year ago. You need to call the AAA # first. Then notify them of the referral. I wouldnt wait a couple days, I would let them know while ordering.

#10 OFFLINE   robl45

robl45

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:51 AM

I received both discounts when I signed up a year ago. You need to call the AAA # first. Then notify them of the referral. I wouldnt wait a couple days, I would let them know while ordering.

i'm not sure i understand, did you get the referral on the AAA # or did you call right after to the referral line?

#11 OFFLINE   boatlover

boatlover

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

Jumping back in. 3 months ago I called AAA first. Waited 2 days then call Refer #. No problems and got both discounts. Good Luck

#12 OFFLINE   mitchinpa

mitchinpa

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Jumping back in. 3 months ago I called AAA first. Waited 2 days then call Refer #. No problems and got both discounts. Good Luck

That's exactly how I did it. As long as you do this BEFORE the installation date, it should be no problem.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...