Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

T-Mobile Price Hike Raises Price of Classic Plans An Extra $5

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:44 AM

T-Mobile Price Hike Raises Price of 5GB and 10GB Classic Plans An Extra $5 by Chris Chavez.
More price increases for the #4 carrier in the US. Starting April 4th, new customers who sign up for either one of T-Mobile's 5GB or 10GB "Classic Unlimited" plans will be paying an extra $5 a month for those data services. Those that signed up for these services before April 4th will be grandfathered in, no problem.

Data usage costs keep going up.
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

I keep wondering how much this has to do with content providers wanting a piece of streaming.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#3 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:13 AM

I keep wondering how much this has to do with content providers wanting a piece of streaming.

Of course it does. With so many services becoming "Cloud" based, all the data hungry phones and tablets being released and used, content providers have seen the pot of gold at the end of the data stream.

Edited by BubblePuppy, 27 March 2012 - 05:18 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

That means AT&T and VZW are soon to follow. This pricing is getting out of hand.

I was paying almost $85/month on AT&T 400 minute plan w/2gig data AFTER a 25% discount. Been with ATT for over 25 years under all its incarnations and last year dropped them and went for the $30/month T-Mo Pre-Paid plan which gives me 5GIG "4G" data before dropping to EDGE, unlimited text and (ONLY) 100 minutes of voice (10c extra per min after 100). Never looked back since I rarely use 100 minutes in 2 months it's plenty. Data speeds are 8-12MBps consistently everywhere I have gone. Savings of over $600/yr is so nice.

#5 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

That means AT&T and VZW are soon to follow. This pricing is getting out of hand.

I was paying almost $85/month on AT&T 400 minute plan w/2gig data AFTER a 25% discount. Been with ATT for over 25 years under all its incarnations and last year dropped them and went for the $30/month T-Mo Pre-Paid plan which gives me 5GIG "4G" data before dropping to EDGE, unlimited text and (ONLY) 100 minutes of voice (10c extra per min after 100). Never looked back since I rarely use 100 minutes in 2 months it's plenty. Data speeds are 8-12MBps consistently everywhere I have gone. Savings of over $600/yr is so nice.

I've been with AT&T for about as long as you have. Sometimes I've been tempted to switch providers but.. Missy and I have the unlimited everything plan (grandfathered) plus her employer (University of Missouri) discount. Our bill is $105 a month. I don't see us switching providers any time soon.

#6 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

I have the wife on Tmobile's old Even More Plus plan. 500 daytime minutes, unlimited after 9PM, unlimited 4G, unlimited text for $59.99. Work pays for my Galaxy Nexus plan, though.

Edit: Huh. Their new pay-for-a-SIM Value Plan packages are pretty sweet. 500 minutes, unlimited text and 2GB of 4G data for 10 bucks less? She barely goes over 300 megs a month...

Edited by RasputinAXP, 27 March 2012 - 08:12 AM.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#7 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

I have the wife on Tmobile's old Even More Plus plan. 500 daytime minutes, unlimited after 9PM, unlimited 4G, unlimited text for $59.99. Work pays for my Galaxy Nexus plan, though.

Edit: Huh. Their new pay-for-a-SIM Value Plan packages are pretty sweet. 500 minutes, unlimited text and 2GB of 4G data for 10 bucks less? She barely goes over 300 megs a month...

And if you use wifi wherever or whenever you can you won't get close to your data caps.

#8 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

Except the content providers are NOT paying the ISPs or the wireless companies.

It's The Big Lie. Other countries do not have this problem. Places as far ranging as Estonia and South Korea have better, faster and cheaper service than we do.

My *personal* opinion is that, because Americans are rather parochial (the joke: War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography) they don't know how good other countries have it.

#9 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

Except the content providers are NOT paying the ISPs or the wireless companies.

I'm looking at it the other way around. That content providers either are, or will be charging ISPs to carry content the same way they charge cable or satellite carriers. As streaming gets more prevalent, some will look at ISPs as just another form of carrier.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...