Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

BlueStacks App Player hits beta, supports ARM-written Android apps on x86-based Windo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

BlueStacks App Player hits beta, supports ARM-written Android apps on x86-based Windows (video)
By Joe Pollicino

We've been eagerly anticipating the full-on release of BlueStacks' App Player, so imagine our excitement, now that the software has officially made the leap from its brief alpha stage to "beta-1" status. If you'll recall, the App Player can virtually run over 450k Android apps on Windows XP, Vista and 7, all without developers needing to tweak their respective coding. Notably, this latest build has a host of updates including LayerCake, allowing x86-based machines run apps written for ARM -- and with hardware graphics acceleration, no less. Other notable goodies from the beta build include official localization in 10 countries, mock accelerometer support (arrow keys), an updated UI and Direct AppStore Access. If the mere thought of running Android Angry Birds on Windows has your interests piqued, you'll find further details about BlueStacks in the full press release and video overview past the break.

I'm installing now. This should be interesting.http://http://www.en...ten-android-ap/
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

Quite neat. Thanks for the tip. Don't see a REAL lot of things I can do with it (suggestions?) but cool nevertheless. Angry Birds Space plays well. :lol: Fun game too (although it is available for the PC).

#3 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

Quite neat. Thanks for the tip. Don't see a REAL lot of things I can do with it (suggestions?) but cool nevertheless. Angry Birds Space plays well. :lol: Fun game too (although it is available for the PC).

First tip..Do not do the "Install All Apps"...My phone ADW Launcher wants to keep starting up. :lol: It does work though.
How much is the Angry Birds for PC vs the free version for Android? This will allow the free versions to run on tablet or pc.
I'm just now starting to play with BlueStacks. So far the apps from my phone that I have tried work well.
Even though I use a laptop I want to see if the keyboards that I have on phone work on the laptop. Of course I don't expect to get a whole lot of use..typing with a mouse just doesn't seem all that efficient. :)
What will be interesting to see is if the data from a app on the phone (Angry Bird scores for example) transfers or if there is a way to sync. I really don't want to start over.
Of course not all apps should be installed...GPS required apps for example.

#4 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,429 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

Syncing is an interesting point. I can't get Words With Friends to sync between my Viewsonic Gtablet and phone. That's a real pain. Google Calendar, on the other hand, syncs between my phone, tablet and PC seamlessly.(Of course, this has nothing to do with Bluestacks, which I have not tried :D ).

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Sony KDFE-55A20 55" LCD RPTV; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVoRoamio Plus, LG BH200 HD DVD/Blu-ray player via HDMI to AVR
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

#5 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

This is odd to me... The Engadget article has more information than the Bluestack website?

All I see is a link to download it, but I see nothing like a FAQ, Privacy Policy, etc.

I'm a little hesitant to install the app without knowing more ...

#6 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

This is odd to me... The Engadget article has more information than the Bluestack website?

All I see is a link to download it, but I see nothing like a FAQ, Privacy Policy, etc.

I'm a little hesitant to install the app without knowing more ...

Yesterday it took me awhile to find the "forum"....still took me awhile just now:
https://getsatisfact..._bluestacks_com (Apparently this link works using pc web browsers, not phones)

http://channels.bluestacks.com/

Edited by BubblePuppy, 28 March 2012 - 02:26 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

First tip..Do not do the "Install All Apps"...My phone ADW Launcher wants to keep starting up. :lol: It does work though.
How much is the Angry Birds for PC vs the free version for Android? This will allow the free versions to run on tablet or pc.
I'm just now starting to play with BlueStacks. So far the apps from my phone that I have tried work well.
Even though I use a laptop I want to see if the keyboards that I have on phone work on the laptop. Of course I don't expect to get a whole lot of use..typing with a mouse just doesn't seem all that efficient. :)
What will be interesting to see is if the data from a app on the phone (Angry Bird scores for example) transfers or if there is a way to sync. I really don't want to start over.
Of course not all apps should be installed...GPS required apps for example.

I only installed a couple apps. Angry Birds was one of them. No idea about the PC version cost as I rarely if ever play games but AB's (and Words With Friends on the iPad) I find enjoyable.

#8 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Yesterday it took me awhile to find the "forum"....still took me awhile just now:
https://getsatisfact..._bluestacks_com (Apparently this link works using pc web browsers, not phones)

http://channels.bluestacks.com/

Wow ... talk about non-intuitive! :P

Thanks for finding that info ...

spam firewall