Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey UHF Remote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Anyway to extend the range of the UHF remote for a Joey? I mirror my TV and need to use the UHF remote in another room.
**** HARDWARE *****
2 Dish Hoppers (Gave up trying to get a Joey to work)
VIZIO 55” and 48" TruLED LCD 3D HDTV with VIZIO
JVC HDI RX-D402B Receiver
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

Anyway to extend the range of the UHF remote for a Joey? I mirror my TV and need to use the UHF remote in another room.

I was wondering that too.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#3 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

Don't think so since the antenna is internal. I'd switch to IR and get an RF solution or IR repeater like power mid. Next Gen is probably the cleanest. Or mirror the Hopper instead of the Joey since it has much better range.

#4 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 568 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Has anyone measure the range of these remotes? Number of walls they will pass through?

#5 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Has anyone measure the range of these remotes? Number of walls they will pass through?

Too many variables there to give a specific number of feet (angles, floors, furniture, material types and densities, reflections, 2.4GHz interference). But I can tell you range to a Hopper is better than it was on a 722k. Range to a Joey is likely worse due to the small internal antenna. You should see a similar SNR profile to that of wireless G in the same environment. If you want to do an analysis, HERE's a good document with some of the relevant equations. I prefer the try it and see approach myself.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...