Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper Home Media

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,893 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

It would be good to know what video compression was in your files what was mark as MPEG4.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   PasadenaGeek

PasadenaGeek

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

I have an Ethernet cable to my Hopper and I ran one to my Joey last night. The Joey took around 5 minutes to see the TVersity server in the office.

Using Freemake Video Converter, I experimented with various containers. WMVs (for my Xbox360) and MKVs were not recognized. I used an MP4 container, h.264 video and AAC 5.1 audio. On the Freemake preset, I chose HD1080p. This will take DVD VOBs (720x480) and take them to 852x480 (full screen for 16:9), and keep the HD resolution for BluRay m2ts streams.

No problems with audio or video with my test.

#23 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

I tried the Home Media feature and found it to be pretty weak and useless.
Sticking to my WDTV Live.

#24 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:27 AM

Home Media/DLNA works great with Playon.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#25 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Perhaps PlayOn is better than it was when I last tried it, about three years back.
It was annoyingly quirky and tricky back then.

Does it handle mkv's now?

#26 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Handles everything great. There's also TVersity. THey both detect-and-transcode. I wouldn't run it on anything less than a Core 2 Duo.

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#27 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 567 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

Do I need Playon (or other such software) on my PC just to play MP3's from my music library? I was thinking Windows Media Player was DNLA compliant. I haven't tried the home media feature yet, just curious.

#28 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,893 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Do I need Playon (or other such software) on my PC just to play MP3's from my music library? I was thinking Windows Media Player was DNLA compliant. I haven't tried the home media feature yet, just curious.

If you will go DNLA help page of the h2k you'll see a list of DNLA servers what are supporting.

#29 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

WMP12 should at least allow you to play music.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...