Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish 1000.2 For Satallite 129

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

My setup for me to get satellite 129 is to use a Dish 500 with a single LNB. I have a Dish 1000.2 antenna with the 129 LNB covered and using it for 110, 119. I have no problem with signal with the 1000.2, but the Dish 500 only pulls a signal between 57 and 64. I have an extra Dish 1000.2 with all the hardware /parts, plus the three LNB(s). What I would like to do and if it would benefit me to install the 1000.2 and use a single LNB. Can that be done, and would my signal increase? I might have to modify the LNB arm so it would except the single LNB. Has anyone install such as I suggested?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davejacobson

davejacobson

Legend

• Registered
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Depending on your location your signal looks good for 129. Are you experiencing dropouts?
A good serviceman is not expensive or free. He is priceless

#3 OFFLINE   Skeeterman

Skeeterman

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

Dave, it has some dropouts when it rains...and it doesn't take a very hard rain to create the dropouts. I was looking at increasing the signal strength to prevent such, and felt like a larger dish would be the proper thing to do.
My LOS is good, so that isn't the problem.

#4 ONLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 826 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:33 AM

I'd love to have numbers like that. Dish techs installed a new dish at a higher location than the original Dish 1000 this winter. Signal still barely makes it to 50 on a clear day. Not even that on some transponders. 129 is just a poor location for some parts of the country.

#5 OFFLINE   n-spring

n-spring

Legend

• Registered
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

One of the DIRT members posted a spreadsheet with signal strength numbers in another thread:

http://www.dbstalk.c...538#post2924538
DISH subscriber since March 2012
1000.2 HD dish antenna with Solo Node
Living room: XiP813 Hopper (S238) to Visio XVT553SV via HDMI; connected to 100Base-TX LAN
Home theatre: XiP110 Joey (S286) to Anthem Statement D2 via HDMI, then to Panasonic TC-P65VT50 via HDMI
Bedroom: XiP110 Joey (S286) to Sony KDL-26M3000 via HDMI
Internet access: Comcast 10Mb/s; Dynamic IP; NAT on Linksys E3200 router

Protected By... spam firewall...And...