Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLB EI not receving games

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JBOD666

JBOD666

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:00 AM

Today 3/28/12 is the first day of the regular season in MLB.
I tried to watch RTNW (687) I should be receiving Seattle at Oakland in Tokyo but get message "Program not available in my area".
DTV is not open until 8 A.M. local time. Thanks DTV for not giving programming that has been paid in full.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   AquiringSat

AquiringSat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:07 AM

Today 3/28/12 is the first day of the regular season in MLB.
I tried to watch RTNW (687) I should be receiving Seattle at Oakland in Tokyo but get message "Program not available in my area".
DTV is not open until 8 A.M. local time. Thanks DTV for not giving programming that has been paid in full.

I'm with ya buddy! I stayed up all night cooking a Feast for a 3am game, got all excited, and then got blacked out :mad:

MLB Network is replaying the game at the top of the hour, but for some reason, I'm blacked out of a Braves/Mets replay on there right now., hopefully that will be lifted before the M's and A's are on... Ya pay $215, and THIS is what we get. I don't know if it's MLB or DirecTV to blame here, but Something has Got to Change!
Proud DirecTV Subscriber since 1.6.2012 :)
HR-34
Premier Package
MLB Extra Innings

#3 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

It's not considered the first day of the regular season until April 5 according to D*. I called D* yesterday and was considering canceling EI and they said I have until next week. April 5 is the official MLB Opening Day and should be a national holiday :D

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...rtant_dates.jsp

#4 OFFLINE   jappleboy

jappleboy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

He is right, All spring games are not showed,:grin: an that is dumb I live in KC and like to watch the Cards but it is blacked out. Now once the season starts and I do have the MLB Pack I can get 90% of the games and 99% in HD

#5 OFFLINE   MarkG21

MarkG21

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

The A's were not even broadcasted in the Bay Area live. How pitfull. Not DirecTV's fault but MLB.

Why would MLB network show a spring training game that has already been played instead of a live real MLB game?

#6 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

Some guy on a XM news radio talkshow this morning was also complaining about this saying well Directv boasts about carrying every MLB game and he could not get this game. I was like not during the month of March buddy. Considering that D* already started charging us for MLB EI last month, we should have every game available even spring games. And don't get me started on the stupid MLB blackouts!!! :nono2:

#7 OFFLINE   oakwcj

oakwcj

Lower Echelon

• Registered
  • 620 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

I expected channel 687 to be unblocked for MLBEI subscribers, because DirecTV's online schedule shows the two Tokyo games as EI games. Look at:

http://www.directv.c...s/mlb_schedules. Games in black are supposed to be available, but these two games show the channel as TBA.

#8 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,527 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Blame MLB... The game wasn't on any MLB EI provider.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#9 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,527 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

The next game will be live on MLB Network.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#10 OFFLINE   the future is now

the future is now

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Baseball is back, so excited and apparently some clubs are worth more than 2 billion. :roundandr

Genie (HR34)
HR24
MLB Extra Innings

2010 and 2012 World Champions San Francisco Giants

#11 OFFLINE   adkinsjm

adkinsjm

Icon

• Registered
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:34 PM

Blame MLB... The game wasn't on any MLB EI provider.

It's much easier to blame a company that has no control over blackouts.

spam firewall