Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV's Masters Tournament Coverage

joey

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

DIRECTV's Masters Tournament Coverage A ‘Gimme' For Golf Fans Who Want In-depth Coverage

Masters Mosaic Offers Six-Channel HD Package of CBS Sports and ESPN Coverage; New Customizable Leader Board; Extended Coverage; And 24-hour Interactivity — Only on DIRECTV

EL SEGUNDO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DIRECTV swings into another season of expanded, interactive golf coverage April 5-8 with the 2012 Masters Tournament, offering fans a unique, in-depth viewing experience that is the next best thing to a patron badge at golf's most prestigious event.

Combining CBS Sports' and ESPN's live HD coverage of the Tournament, DIRECTV's "Masters Mosaic" interactive TV application and six-channel Masters Mix will immerse fans in the atmosphere of the fabled Augusta National Golf Club, allowing them to more closely follow the world's best golfers as they vie for the coveted Green Jacket.

The Masters Mix Channel, available only on DIRECTV, offers fans six views of the Tournament: the main CBS Sports/ESPN feed; two Featured Group channels; Amen Corner; holes 15 and 16; and "Masters in Depth," along with a continuously running leader board featuring live tee times, scoring and leaders' locations on the course. Each extra channel of coverage is fully produced with its own announcers.

Viewers will also have access to the following interactive menu of features 24 hours a day throughout the tournament on any of the six Masters channels:

Top Five Leaders — displays the top five current scores against par.
Leader Board — provides information on all the golfers in the field including players' hole-by-hole stats through the Scorecard feature, displaying greens hit in regulation, driving distance, putting average for each player in the field, and will include current and previous rounds. And a new customizable leader board lets fans select their favorite player and place them on top of the board to more easily track their scores.
Highlights — allows viewers on-demand access to the previous round's highlights as well as five golfer-specific highlight packages focusing on the top two leaders and three notable players in each round.
Course Tour — provides fans with a birds-eye video of each hole.
Masters Quiz — challenges fans with 10 questions, refreshed daily, about the history of the Masters and Augusta National, and the day's action on course.
"We're thrilled to continue our association with the Masters Tournament, CBS Sports and ESPN to create another spectacular viewing experience for golf fans," said Tony Goncalves, senior vice president, Product Management, DIRECTV. "The Masters Mosaic offers fans who love the game a whole new way to watch the Tournament and feel the aura of Augusta, and it's only on DIRECTV."

DIRECTV's Tournament coverage will also include the 2012 Masters Preview Show premiering April 2 from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. ET on its exclusive Audience Network. CBS Sports announcer Ian Baker Finch talks with the world's No. 1-ranked player Luke Donald, who offers exclusive insights on the 2012 Masters Tournament — only on DIRECTV. The 2011 Masters Official Review Show will also premiere on the Audience Network on April 2 from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. ET. All video highlights and a course tour will be available on DIRECTV On Demand. DIRECTV will also air 3D coverage of the Tournament on ESPN 3D (Channel 106). For details on all Tournament coverage visit www.directv.com/masters.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,178 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

DirecTV's Masters coverage is always excellent. A huge perk.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#3 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,969 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

I was surprised to see UVERSE also has special coverage.
http://uverseonline....masters-u-verse
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

CBS and D* always do a great job with the Masters and providing the bonus channels. A big perk to being a D* customer. Can't wait!
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#5 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

PIP on the HR34 will come in handy this year. :D

#6 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

In the afternoons ESPN will have it in 3D if anyone is interested.

#7 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

What is Directv's Audience Network and what Channel is it on?
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

#8 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,969 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:17 AM

What is Directv's Audience Network and what Channel is it on?

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#9 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

It also would have been helpful if the First Post would have mentioned that the Masters Mix Channels are Channels 701-707. I had to Search on Directv.com for that info and those channels have not been added yet, probably will be added in the next 3 or 4 days.
Here's My Setup

#10 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,165 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

it will also be carried on espn 3d starting wednesday with the par 3 competition.

#11 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

Well, I'll be there on Monday for the First Practice Round and I can't wait. :)
Here's My Setup

#12 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,248 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

It also would have been helpful if the First Post would have mentioned that the Masters Mix Channels are Channels 701-707. I had to Search on Directv.com for that info and those channels have not been added yet, probably will be added in the next 3 or 4 days.

Yes, it would, but at the same time, those are the channels always used for extended coverage in Golf and Tennis.

Audience channel is 101 and 239. Several of us thought that when 239 was added, they'd move something else to 101..... (?)
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#13 OFFLINE   willmw

willmw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Well, I'll be there on Monday for the First Practice Round and I can't wait. :)

I went to a practice round a couple years back, my first time. I've always thought it a bit funny how far the signal has to travel to get to me when I'm only about 35 miles from there. :D

#14 OFFLINE   micky76ag

micky76ag

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Can I get it on my iPad?

;)
Micky
Denon AVR-2308CI Receiver, Slingbox Solo

#15 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,103 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Glad you were able to find it. :) It's no fun if I do all the work, then you guys would have nothing to discuss.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#16 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,692 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:41 AM

Glad you were able to find it. :) It's no fun if I do all the work, then you guys would have nothing to discuss.

Good point. ;)
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#17 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

It wasn't even that easy once I got to the Directv Website but I thought that Directv would mention the particular Channels in their Disclosure so it would be easy to find and view those Channels.

At least now everyone will know what Channels to tune into.
Here's My Setup

#18 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

it will also be carried on espn 3d starting wednesday with the par 3 competition.

The Masters in 3D is outstanding. You can really see the ups and downs of the greens. I enjoyed it last year and look forward to it this year.

#19 OFFLINE   golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Can I get it on my iPad?

;)

Download the Master's app for your iPad! I'm watching (live) the pros hitting from the range at Augusta. The coverage that DirecTV will be providing can be had on the iPad.

#20 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Download the Master's app for your iPad! I'm watching (live) the pros hitting from the range at Augusta. The coverage that DirecTV will be providing can be had on the iPad.

Where exactly are you getting the live video from? I just looked and don't see it. Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...