Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dirt team advice on upgrade options

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bubba9004

bubba9004

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Looking to speak with a dirt team member with regards to my options on upgrade, before switching.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 571 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

Looking to speak with a dirt team member with regards to my options on upgrade, before switching.

Send me a PM with your phone number or account number, and what you were looking to get

*edit* - You may need 5 public posts before you can send a PM, so I'm going to send you my email address

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#3 OFFLINE   bubba9004

bubba9004

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

thanks for assisting, didn't realize the post count thing.

Edited by bubba9004, 29 March 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Spillers

Scott Spillers

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Are there any DIRT members that work on Fridays? I sent a PM to RaymondC yesterday, but didn't get a response. Thanks.
Scott Spillers

---------------------
Dish Network Customer Since 1997
Receiver History: 5000 & 3000 > 501PVR & 5000 > ViP622 > ViP722k > 2 Hooper 2Ks & 1 Joey 1.0
Dish History: 500(110,119) > 500(110,119) & 300(148) > 1000(110,119,129) > 1000(110,119) & 500(129) > 1000(110,119) & 24"(129) > DishHD(110,119,129)

#5 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

I can assist you if you could PM your request or the issue you are experiencing. Please let me know. Thanks.

Are there any DIRT members that work on Fridays? I sent a PM to RaymondC yesterday, but didn't get a response. Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   thopki2

thopki2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Just curious - What is the function of the "Dirt Team"? Sounds like something I could use.

#7 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Dish Internet Response Team (DIRT) are Dish employees, pretty much like csr's and can take care of your account issues, upgrades or check recent activity. A lot like csr's but with more knowledge and authority to get things done. Very useful indeed.

#8 OFFLINE   thopki2

thopki2

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the explanation.

#9 OFFLINE   Haris

Haris

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

I always wondered what DIRT stood for also. Thanks

#10 OFFLINE   Bradrlz

Bradrlz

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

My wife and I are debating switching from Dish to either Directv or cable as we are out of contract. Only thing we are considering staying with Dish for Is Hopper 2 with built in sling. We do qualify for an upgrade but would like some additional savings if we are going to go under contract for another 2 years. Would like to discuss.

#11 OFFLINE   MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork

Godfather

• DISH Representative
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

My wife and I are debating switching from Dish to either Directv or cable as we are out of contract. Only thing we are considering staying with Dish for Is Hopper 2 with built in sling. We do qualify for an upgrade but would like some additional savings if we are going to go under contract for another 2 years. Would like to discuss.

Hi, you can send me a PM with your account or phone number and the four digit security code on your account. I would like to assist you with staying with DISH but for your benefit and for other posters, DIRT does not have the ability to discount the new Slingloaded Hopper. I would be happy to see what offers I can make but this is not an option we have. Thank you!

Mary Catherine Brady
Team Lead- Dish Internet Response Team

Sunday-Wednesday 2:30pm-11:00pm, Thursday 1:30pm-10:00pm (MST)

#12 OFFLINE   Bradrlz

Bradrlz

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi, you can send me a PM with your account or phone number and the four digit security code on your account. I would like to assist you with staying with DISH but for your benefit and for other posters, DIRT does not have the ability to discount the new Slingloaded Hopper. I would be happy to see what offers I can make but this is not an option we have. Thank you!

I just sent you. Pm. You will see with my account details what I am able to get the new sling loaded hopper for? Make sure to look at the notes.

#13 OFFLINE   unpluggedtech

unpluggedtech

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:41 PM

I have a 5 Dual tuner DVR setup, 3 HDDVR and 2 dual DVR, set up to 10 TV's. So I currently can record everywhere but not HD everywhere. Lots of kids so between recording and watching we push the limit all the time. Two Hoppers just won't cut it even with PrimeTime. I have seen the technical setup for three Hopper, but Dish will only "allow" 2 Hoppers (and a bunch of Joeys) with their upgrade program. Can I purchase another Hopper and will Dish allow it to be activated?

Went through the same process years ago and that's how we have 5 dual DVR's.

#14 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I have a 5 Dual tuner DVR setup, 3 HDDVR and 2 dual DVR, set up to 10 TV's. So I currently can record everywhere but not HD everywhere. Lots of kids so between recording and watching we push the limit all the time. Two Hoppers just won't cut it even with PrimeTime. I have seen the technical setup for three Hopper, but Dish will only "allow" 2 Hoppers (and a bunch of Joeys) with their upgrade program. Can I purchase another Hopper and will Dish allow it to be activated?

You can add a purchased Hopper to your account.

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,266 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

You can add a purchased Hopper to your account.

Mixing multiple non-Hoppers with a Hopper?

#16 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

He was talking about 3 Hoppers. I was meaning that if they gave him two leased Hoppers that yes, he could purchase the third and add it. Not mixing VIP/hopper.

#17 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,053 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

His description looks as he has DTV equipment.

#18 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,053 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Where ? Can we see it too ? Isn't it req two DPP44 ?

#19 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Where ? Can we see it too ? Isn't it req two DPP44 ?

Run a jumper between solo node client to duo node client and they should all see each other. Idk if that's approved by Dish or not but that's how people have been doing it and yes, you would need a switch as well to feed both nodes with sat signal.

#20 OFFLINE   Pdbennett

Pdbennett

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

I was wanting to upgrade to the new hopper with the slingbox built in.
I see new customers are getting free dvr and joeys. I know this is not available to me a customer of 18 years. But What would be available to me.
My other family members have switched to the other company.
Looking at a hopper and two joeys.
Paul Bennett

Protected By... spam firewall...And...