Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dirt team advice on upgrade options

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   shan4350

shan4350

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

My wife and I are debating switching from Dish to either Directv or cable as we are out of contract. Only thing we are considering staying with Dish for Is Hopper 2 with built in sling. We do qualify for an upgrade but would like some additional savings if we are going to go under contract for another 2 years. Would like to discuss.

We are in the same place. My wife and I have been thinking about this. We have been paying over $100 every month, with international channels. Directv now has international similar options. Been with Dish for 8 years and now bought an HD TV, so need to upgrade old - 625 non-hd receiver for two rooms.

Can anyone help us? I cannot sen PM to the dirt team as it says I do not have enough posts.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,743 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Can anyone help us? I cannot sen PM to the dirt team as it says I do not have enough posts.

You just made your fifth post, so you should be good to go on sending a PM.

#43 OFFLINE   lizsouthall

lizsouthall

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

I have been trying to get an upgrade for over two years and dish just won't do is there a reason why?

#44 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

I have been trying to get an upgrade for over two years and dish just won't do is there a reason why?

How about going to DirecTV I used to have dish and I will tell you if you make the switch you won't regret it.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#45 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

There could be any number of reasons, unfortunately most of us here would only be speculating. Only people here who could help you will be DIRT members. Try a PM to one of them.

#46 OFFLINE   supermod38

supermod38

Mentor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCentral VA.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

There could be any number of reasons, unfortunately most of us here would only be speculating. Only people here who could help you will be DIRT members. Try a PM to one of them.

after you have *5* posts...............................:D:D

I'm not here for a long time, just a GOOD time!
HR34 lease- Vizio 26"
C-31-lease-32" Emerson
HR24-owned-RCA 46"

H24- owned- :righton:

#47 OFFLINE   lizsouthall

lizsouthall

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Its just been a total nightmare. They say check back and I do and I nothing. I just don't know why they wouldn't want to take care of a longtime customer.

#48 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,852 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

You are existing customer who do pay them regularly. Why worry about you? ;)

#49 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Its just been a total nightmare. They say check back and I do and I nothing. I just don't know why they wouldn't want to take care of a longtime customer.

Please send me a PM with your phone number or account number and I can review what is occurring.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#50 OFFLINE   lizsouthall

lizsouthall

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Can't pm i do not have enough posg

#51 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Can't pm i do not have enough posg

Do a couple more posts on this thread.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#52 OFFLINE   lizsouthall

lizsouthall

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

I know if you pay them every month and don't say anything you are just a sheep. But I however talk to them almost weekly about it.

#53 OFFLINE   lizsouthall

lizsouthall

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

I just do not want to pay full price for something that I feel isn't worth it.

#54 OFFLINE   Vulpine

Vulpine

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

Ah, this is the topic was looking for.  I don't have five posts yet (I'm getting there!), but I'd like to someone in DIRT about upgrading.  I'm moving to a new home and would like to get a Hopper.

I've got several questions, but there is one that I have that I think should be a no-brainer:  If I buy (and not rent) a Hopper, would there be any monthly fees?  I'm guessing no, but I want to be sure.  Same thing goes with the Joey.

Thanks!

#55 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Ah, this is the topic was looking for.  I don't have five posts yet (I'm getting there!), but I'd like to someone in DIRT about upgrading.  I'm moving to a new home and would like to get a Hopper.

I've got several questions, but there is one that I have that I think should be a no-brainer:  If I buy (and not rent) a Hopper, would there be any monthly fees?  I'm guessing no, but I want to be sure.  Same thing goes with the Joey.

Thanks!

Yes there will still be monthly fees for both. The first Hopper is included,  $12/mo for the second. Joey is $7 and the Whole Home DVR fee is $12.00  Buying keeps you from making a 2 year commitment, however you would have to install it yourself..

#56 OFFLINE   Vulpine

Vulpine

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationChicagoland, IL

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yes there will still be monthly fees for both. The first Hopper is included,  $12/mo for the second. Joey is $7 and the Whole Home DVR fee is $12.00  Buying keeps you from making a 2 year commitment, however you would have to install it yourself..

Thanks for the help.  So what's the point in buying the unit then?  If you're buying it, you're pretty much "committed" for two years at that point, and it isn't like you'd be saving money on the install.

And so that I'm clear, if I wanted to hook up 3 TVs, I would need 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys, right?  So, my monthly cost would be (channel package) + $12 + (2 x $7) = $26 + (channel package), correct?

#57 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the help.  So what's the point in buying the unit then?  If you're buying it, you're pretty much "committed" for two years at that point, and it isn't like you'd be saving money on the install.

And so that I'm clear, if I wanted to hook up 3 TVs, I would need 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys, right?  So, my monthly cost would be (channel package) + $12 + (2 x $7) = $26 + (channel package), correct?

As I said buying avoids the 2 year commitment with you installing. If you have Dish do it then you will get a free install but a 2 yr contract. Yes $26 sound right. Contact the DIRT folks like Mike http://www.dbstalk.c...eh-dishnetwork/. They can tell you exactly.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...