Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need Assistance Networking Video surveillance system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blirshnik

blirshnik

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I have a Zmodo Model number H264 Surveillance system/DVR. I have the surveillance system connected to a Verizon wireless router model number GT704-WG. In addition I have a PC running Windows XP Pro connected to the same wireless router via Cat 5 network cable. The PC's only job is to serve as a stand alone server for the video surveillance system.
I have connected my wireless router to my Direct TV HR21-100 via CAT5 cable ~ My router sees and recognizes the HR21-100.
What I wish to accomplish is to send the video from my video surveillance system to the HR21-100 so that I can view the video surveillance system on my TV.
If any of you have performed this task your help would be BEYOND appreciated!
Thank you!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,727 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

I have a Zmodo Model number H264 Surveillance system/DVR. I have the surveillance system connected to a Verizon wireless router model number GT704-WG. In addition I have a PC running Windows XP Pro connected to the same wireless router via Cat 5 network cable. The PC's only job is to serve as a stand alone server for the video surveillance system.
I have connected my wireless router to my Direct TV HR21-100 via CAT5 cable ~ My router sees and recognizes the HR21-100.
What I wish to accomplish is to send the video from my video surveillance system to the HR21-100 so that I can view the video surveillance system on my TV.
If any of you have performed this task your help would be BEYOND appreciated!
Thank you!!!

Kind of .... You got wrong forum - it's dish, not DTV.

If you'll send the camera's video/audio from your PC using DNLA server [say PlayOn] what will connect to your DTV DVR ...

#3 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,346 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:41 AM

Aside from the obvious bad choice in forums to post the question, the answer is that you CANNOT view the surveillance system through your satellite DVR.

Well, there is a way but it involves setting up a media server and hoping that it will work with DIRECTV's implementation of a Windows Media client. This is not a trivial pursuit and it will most likely end in disappointment.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,727 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Give him a chance ...
Who knows how desperate he need this, perhaps he is know enough to make it works.

spam firewall