Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

how to fix "no inf" problem???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jonji777

jonji777

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 07:25 PM

im new to all this so i dont know how to repair this...can some1 help???....i have a webtv 7100 receiver...i read i had to do a chk switch or a power cycle to fix it......can some1 explain how???....thx 4 ur help:)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   pheroy

pheroy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 07:29 PM

(Assumption: your problem is that when pausing or rewinding live TV, your DishPlayer displays "No Information" and won't show the buffer, only the live signal.)

In my experience a power cycle won't fix this problem. It takes a switch check to prompt the 44 hour guide download.

#3 OFFLINE   jonji777

jonji777

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 07:34 PM

no, my problem is that all the channels display a no inf screen except the ones on transponder 20....how do i power cycle and switch check??? thx

#4 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 08:52 PM

Go to the home screen

Click on Settings
Click on Hooking Up
Click on Multiple Dishes
Click on Multi-Dish Switch

Wait for the switch to setup then click Done and it will download a new guide.

#5 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 09:20 PM

Turn off your receiver, wait for the green light to stop flashing, push 7 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 5 - 0 - 0 - 0, all lights should flash twice. If they don't, push "Options" and try again until they do. This SHOULD fix your problem

#6 OFFLINE   jonji777

jonji777

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 08:54 AM

thx guys, ill try it.....

#7 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 10:49 AM

One too many 2 s there Mark. But if a switch check does not work Marks's advice is good.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

spam firewall