Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New to Dish, What to Expect?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Bamasat

Bamasat

AllStar

• Banned User
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

1st Hopper plus up to 3 Joeys are free. 2nd Hopper is $199. So you're looking at $199 installed.

Thanks,
Is that price in stone /negotiable?

I tried to run a "mock order" per their website and it wont let (2) hoppers in,
it seems.
Didnt feel like listening to the CSR push or sale noise, so i asked here.

What about price after install ( 1-hop/2 joe ) & "hopper" as upgrade in future- say this fall?
Cheaper as New cx? Same as upgrade? ect ect. $$

Btw
I cant find a thing id miss except ESPNu HD .. BUT
find plenty i would gain! :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

That's just what's been published. Negotiable depends on luck, but I've haven't heard of many doing any better than that. Like DirecTV, anything added later will be more expensive than it would have been with the initial install because you will have to pay for another service call if you don't have the protection plan. Plus you won't be eligible for any free upgrades for 2 years (I think). So I wouldn't count on doing better later, but you never know.

I didn't have any trouble getting what I wanted from my local installer, which I used instead of the web. I'd give 2 hoppers another try by other means if I were you.

Best advice is to PM a DIRT member like Ray C here. They will give you the best deal and the best advice without pushing anything. They are Dish employees and can setup the order and appointment as well.

#23 OFFLINE   Bamasat

Bamasat

AllStar

• Banned User
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Thanks again,
ill see what DIRT says and then maybe call the local outfits in comparison.
( theres 2-3 "indy" dealers very close by )

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,254 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Thanks,
Is that price in stone /negotiable?

What do you have to negotiate with? As a new customer there is already a large investment in getting you equipment and getting it installed. You might get some free PPVs or Blockbuster for a few months or HBO/Cinemax for a few months but those are common offers. DISH does not go crazy with the freebees.

#25 OFFLINE   Bamasat

Bamasat

AllStar

• Banned User
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Installed? Cost of such?
Ive got enough stuff here to outfit the local DNS (satellites unlimited) and a local D" HSP at one time.

Trust me some under paid/trained kid wont be using a drill here And as i stated ive never "leased" a piece of EQ in my life (but had D" since "96)
nor have i had a so called "professional Installation" near this property.
It will be done Including mast/dish WITH alignment And all wire.
-with MY hands and my meters / toners prior

= Just Bring me the node and the IRD's and just Maybe that HIC to make networking work properly it seems.

As for the posted/recommended 3ghz wire/barrel "orbit" considering the MOCA technology.?
hmmm...do you need Plenum rated ? Belden?
On hand and in the 1000' rolls with all fittings ect. ;)
In otherwards i wont be one spending 6 per month on the Protection plan.

Im just wondering what the price is (2nd hop) under this new age "lease" of todays sat companies since the web wont show it. Also going on these posts i see everything under the sun in upgrade and new install prices when 2 hoppers are concerned. (tis the norm)

I pay "them" (what ever sat company/provider) to provide TV service SIGNAL,
nothing else once i get the service.

Wish i could just go get the Ird's Under the "new lease model" pricing and activate it myself BUT "that tape" is in the way.

As for IRd's?
Got plenty (meaning PLENTY) from both providers.
Just no joey or Hop hop..

....Ohhh and/but i do need an account number :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...