Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Newly scanned subchannel will not show up in guide

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

the challenge has become more important than the channel itself.

lol agree.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

I did find this discussion about a direct tv tuner that would not show a specific sub channel due to it not being included in the guide data provided.
http://forums.direct...postID=10894575
I am wondering if this is the case as I can find no physical reason that the channel will not show up.

#23 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

I don't think Dish has to add anything, because it isn't the guide info that's the problem, it's the channel itself. It scans in but does not add to the guides. I have had several sub channels get added by a station, most recently the ABC WTNH station and within minutes of the station putting it on the air, I scanned it in.

#24 OFFLINE   Tiny

Tiny

Mentor

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

MY 222k reciever OTA channels will vanish about once a month and I have to rescan and add them back to my guide and when they showed in my guide they showed up in RED not yellow saying Im not subscribed to my local OTA antenna TV which is crazy. its a pain to repeat this process every few weeks but i figure its a dish network bug, just like other bugs they have, but say they dont have LOL.. so I will just keep on keeping on rescanning.....its still better than comcast........LOL:lol:

#25 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

The main channel and the subchannel are both multiplexed into the same signal. Simply receiving the main channel should give you both assuming the PSIP data is compatible with the tuner. It sounds like the Dish tuner has a problem with the encoding of the channel info for the subchannel.

Have you talked with the station to see if they are aware of anyone else in the area with the same receiver having the same problem.

I once had a problem with my old Sanyo ATSC tuner and the local PBS station, no sound whatsoever. Other tuners would work OK, but not the Sanyo, which was OK on all the other channels. Turned out there was an anomaly in the PSIP data - found after I called the station and reported it.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#26 OFFLINE   cheetahz

cheetahz

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

once you scanned for the new channel and have saved it you may want to try and go to menu , preferences(8), favorite list (2), choose any guide under my list , select modify list. Punch in channel 47 manually on key pad. The newly scanned channel 47-1 and 47-2 should show up. Place a check by 47-2 then hit save. The channel should be added to that particular guide that you chose. I had the same problem when channel 5 added a 5-3. Hope it works.:)

#27 OFFLINE   olds403

olds403

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

Nope, didn't work, no 47-2.

spam firewall