Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper/Joey remote control questions

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rld37

rld37

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Have been reading some conflicting info. Just want to clear up some of my confusion.
New remotes for Hopper/Joey are uhf right? Remotes get paired with a certain receiver and will not work other receivers right? Can you pair more than one remote to a particular receiver? We llike more than one remote in the living room. Will Dish sell you extra remotes? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Have been reading some conflicting info. Just want to clear up some of my confusion.
New remotes for Hopper/Joey are uhf right? Remotes get paired with a certain receiver and will not work other receivers right? Can you pair more than one remote to a particular receiver? We llike more than one remote in the living room. Will Dish sell you extra remotes? Thanks

The remotes are UHF. They are paired with one Hopper or Joey. The Hopper/Joey can have more than one remote paired. DISH will sell you additional remotes.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

You can log into your online account and order additional 40.0 remotes. If you further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

The remotes are UHF. They are paired with one Hopper or Joey. The Hopper/Joey can have more than one remote paired. DISH will sell you additional remotes.

#4 OFFLINE   TxDave

TxDave

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

I've ordered a second Dish remote for one of my Hoppers thats in a large family room. Like the original post we like two remotes in that room. I just wanted to confirm how to pair the second remote. Is it Sat button, Sys info on front of Hopper, then Sat button again ? The installer told me but that was over a week ago. I should have written it down then.
Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

For the record older 32.0 remotes work fine too and are pretty cheap on eBay. To pair just press menu twice on an existing remote or Sys info on the front panel, then hold the remote close to the antenna and press Sat on the remote you want to pair.

#6 OFFLINE   TxDave

TxDave

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

mdaveJ, Thanks for the advice and assist.

#7 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

I've ordered a second Dish remote for one of my Hoppers thats in a large family room. Like the original post we like two remotes in that room. I just wanted to confirm how to pair the second remote. Is it Sat button, Sys info on front of Hopper, then Sat button again ? The installer told me but that was over a week ago. I should have written it down then.
Thanks

For the record older 32.0 remotes work fine too and are pretty cheap on eBay. To pair just press menu twice on an existing remote or Sys info on the front panel, then hold the remote close to the antenna and press Sat on the remote you want to pair.

The "pair" button the 40.0 remotes is now the same as the input button, which is just below the SAT button

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#8 OFFLINE   TxDave

TxDave

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

MattG,
Do I need to be at the sys. info screen and then just press the pair button ?

#9 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

MattG,
Do I need to be at the sys. info screen and then just press the pair button ?

Yep :D

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#10 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 567 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

In theory, you could put a Hopper and 2 Joeys in one central closet, feed 2 TV's with each (= 6 TVs), and have 2 remotes paired to each of the 3 devices, right (6 remotes)? You do have to watch the same thing on the two linked TVs, but if they are in spare rooms, it's just an option. Of course all rooms need to be within "X" of the closet (50'?)

#11 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

In theory, you could put a Hopper and 2 Joeys in one central closet, feed 2 TV's with each (= 6 TVs), and have 2 remotes paired to each of the 3 devices, right (6 remotes)? You do have to watch the same thing on the two linked TVs, but if they are in spare rooms, it's just an option. Of course all rooms need to be within "X" of the closet (50'?)

In theory, yes. It is better to put the Hoppers/Joeys where needed to make HD wiring better but the thought of a centrally located Joey feeding two or more SD TVs via a RF monitor is on my mind.

#12 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

In theory, yes. It is better to put the Hoppers/Joeys where needed to make HD wiring better but the thought of a centrally located Joey feeding two or more SD TVs via a RF monitor is on my mind.

Apologies, what is a RF monitor?
Thank you and
Best of luck

#13 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Apologies, what is a RF monitor?

My way of misspelling "RF modulator". :)

#14 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

My way of misspelling "RF modulator". :)

Good, I thought I was missing out on something.:lol:
Thank you and
Best of luck

#15 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Will the older 21.0 UHF or 6.3 UHF work as well?
Thanks,
JD

#16 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Will the older 21.0 UHF or 6.3 UHF work as well?
Thanks,
JD

Only if you switch them to IR mode. Also need to go into remote management and turn on IR,

Edited by n0qcu, 05 April 2012 - 12:13 PM.
added more info

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#17 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Thanks.

#18 OFFLINE   stlrfan007

stlrfan007

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm splitting 1 Joey this way now but I'm wondering if I can use 2 UHF remotes - one in each room?

Also, I was wondering if I could put 2 Joey's in the closet and use the same UHF to control 2 different Joey's? I know I could do this with the old 722/622 setup I had but that was with IR.

#19 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm splitting 1 Joey this way now but I'm wondering if I can use 2 UHF remotes - one in each room?

Also, I was wondering if I could put 2 Joey's in the closet and use the same UHF to control 2 different Joey's? I know I could do this with the old 722/622 setup I had but that was with IR.

You can put two remotes on the same Hopper/Joey but a remote cannot control more than one Hopper/Joey.

#20 OFFLINE   ewingr

ewingr

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Only if you switch them to IR mode. Also need to go into remote management and turn on IR,

I have found the IR in Management, but have no idea how to change the remote to IR mode.

Any suggestions?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...