Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper/Joey remote control questions

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,864 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

If you'll explain why RF link working fine at 100' but pairing only at 5'.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

DISH wants to make sure the remote is paired to the right receiver.

The odds of two receivers with ~100ft of a remote both being on the System Info screen at the same time are not high ... but having the receiver look for a very strong signal from the remote makes it more likely the remote will pair with a close receiver than a far one.

Most pairing is done at the receiver anyways, with one using the receiver front panel to get to the System Info menu then pressing the SAT button (or Pair button) on the remote.

#83 OFFLINE   darthtigger

darthtigger

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

My dog got a hold of my remote. A piece came off, which i think is a key. no lights come on on the remote when i push a button. The receiver said the battery life is good on it. I was wondering if I have to have that piece in the remote for it to work. If so then I'm screwed. The dog did a number on the piece. Just wondering. p.s. There's probably no way of getting just that piece is there? Been looking online, no luck so far.

#84 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

My dog got a hold of my remote. A piece came off, which i think is a key. no lights come on on the remote when i push a button. The receiver said the battery life is good on it. I was wondering if I have to have that piece in the remote for it to work. If so then I'm screwed. The dog did a number on the piece. Just wondering. p.s. There's probably no way of getting just that piece is there? Been looking online, no luck so far.

What kind of piece is it? Where on the remote is it located?

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#85 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,864 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

Post pictures of the remote, the tab's remains ..

#86 OFFLINE   ewingr

ewingr

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

If it's the piece that has a 1, or 2 on it, flat, half round...you can get them from Dish. I got a whole kit of them from them a while back.

There are different ones that are used depending on whather it's remote 1, or two, and a given version of the remote.

#87 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hopefully in this forum it would be a Hopper/Joey remote. No numbers. The DISH logo on the bottom is removable but not service affecting.

#88 OFFLINE   knightrider1

knightrider1

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

We just got the Hopper and I’m trying to get the remote to work with the DVD player. I can turn on and play the DVD with the remote but I can’t seem to get the remote to change TV inputs so it is on the correct input for the DVD. The remote will bring up the input screen but when I push the up button to change inputs it changes the channel on the TV to channel 2. I want to use only one remote and not 3.

#89 OFFLINE   greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

We just got the Hopper and I’m trying to get the remote to work with the DVD player. I can turn on and play the DVD with the remote but I can’t seem to get the remote to change TV inputs so it is on the correct input for the DVD. The remote will bring up the input screen but when I push the up button to change inputs it changes the channel on the TV to channel 2. I want to use only one remote and not 3.

Try hitting the input buttons multiple times to cycle through the inputs. Alternatively, try "page up" and "page down". Good luck.
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of Dish Network.

#90 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Push the TV mode button then push the input button to cycle through the inputs.

#91 OFFLINE   DN2014

DN2014

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hi -

I have read all 5 pages on this thread, but can't find how to pair to a joey, a 21.0 pro remote (was used on a 722) set to IR and

number 1 set on the front.  I have change the front panel on the remote to a '2', still doesn't try to pair.  Held

within a foot of the joey.  Pressed the sat button twice. pressed the menu  button twice.

What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Doug

Edited by DN2014, 20 April 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#92 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

IR remotes DO NOT pair.

You need to go to remote manager on the Joey and turn on the IR remote function. Makes sure the address of the 21.0 remote is set to 1

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#93 OFFLINE   DN2014

DN2014

• Registered
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

Thank you, Kevin. It worked!

Doug

#94 OFFLINE   ARM07470

ARM07470

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

Interesting dilemma that tech support says cannot be remedied at this time. I have 2 hoppers. Both are controlled via my central IR distribution system so I need the ability to set the IR code set used by each hopper.

Anyone know if this is possible and that tech support does not know about it? It would be great if I would not have to upgrade my distribution system to make it addressable rather than the Hoppers.

JD

Sorry to be quoting such an old post but I'm wondering if Dish ever got around to supporting different IR code sets on the Hopper or Joey.  I have a Hopper and Joey being installed tomorrow and plan to put them in the same equipment rack where I currently have my 722 and 622.  The old receivers could be selected from any TV in the house and were separately addressable by using different IR code sets on each.  It sounds like my upgrade plan might hit a snag if both the Hopper and Joey will be responding to the same infrared codes.

#95 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

The 40.0 remotes for the Hopper and Joey use UHF to communicate not IR. IR is used for the TV, DVD etc.

#96 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

No, they still only will work with IR address #1.

Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#97 OFFLINE   audiomaster

audiomaster

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Can someone tell me the proper way to open the case on a 40.0 remote? I have a dead one and I want to poke around in it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...