Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV Whole Home Issue - All Receivers Not Seeing Each Other

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   djsmokyc

djsmokyc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

I have recently been having issues with Whole Home / MRV.

I have three HD-DVRs, all hooked up via Deca. I have a SWM8. I did the install.
  • HR20-100 in Basement
  • HR22-100 in Living Room
  • HR21-200 in Bedroom

When I did the install a few months back, everything was working fine. Every once in a while, a receiver would drop off. Do a "Restore Defaults" on "Network Setup" or a Reset would fix the problem.

Last week, I couldn't get the Living Room HD-DVR to connect using any of the methods. The Basement and Bedroom DVRs saw each other fine. I found the "Static IP" thread but my original router (TrendNet TEW-432BRP) couldn't do DHCP Reservations and didn't seem to be able to handle IPs set outside of the DHCP pool.

So, I invested in an Cisco E2000. I was looking to upgrade to a N router anyway. I set up my receivers using DHCP reservations and got them all to connect to the internet.

However, my Basement receiver is now causing problems. It can connect to the internet (via the connection test), but cannot see the other two receivers. The other two receivers connect to each other and the internet.

Today, I connected a switch in between my Deca Broadband Adapter and my Cisco router, but that did not appear to solve the issue. I tried to a "Restore Defaults" on the Basement HD-DVR.

I don't know what is causing the issue. I am in the middle of recording Final Four games, so I can't do a reset right now. I plan to do a reset on the Basement receiver at the end of the night.

Any other suggestions? Any other information that I can provide to help solve the problem?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   krazyrs

krazyrs

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

is your HR20-100 connected like any of these?

http://www.dbstalk.c...29&d=1273790719
http://www.dbstalk.c...28&d=1273790719
SWiM
HR24-500/HR24-500 - HDMI - Samsung 46" LCD TV
HR24-500 - HDMI - Dynex 32" LCD TV
HR24-500 - HDMI - Vizio 19" LED LCD TV
CCK - Charter - 30mbps down/ 4mbps up

#3 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,378 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

A little more info would help as well.

Are you using green splitters?

How exactly is your system wired?

Is your swim 8 green label?

How are you getting Internet into the deca cloud?

The first thing to check is if your HR 20 - 100 is set up Like the diagrams in the post above but after that the more information will help us better determine what's going on.

#4 OFFLINE   djsmokyc

djsmokyc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

A little more info would help as well.

Are you using green splitters?

How exactly is your system wired?

Is your swim 8 green label?

How are you getting Internet into the deca cloud?

The first thing to check is if your HR 20 - 100 is set up Like the diagrams in the post above but after that the more information will help us better determine what's going on.

HR20-100 is hooked up using the second diagram (splitter out 1 -> DECA -> Sat In 1 & ethernet port, splitter out 2 -> band stop filter -> Sat In 2). I'm connected to the internet, can pull down YouTube videos.

All green splitters, DECA's, SWM. I have a SWM8 going to a 8-way splitter. I am using 4 output (1 to each DVR, 1 to router, 4 capped).

This is the how my DECA system is hooked up with the DECA Broadband Router Package/DIRECTV Cinema Connection Kit (DCCK) shown here:
http://www.weaknees....outer-thumb.jpg

I now have that connected to a switch (TrendNet TEG-S80G) before going to the router, but I was having the same issue before I hooked that up today. When I log into the router and look at the DHCP table, I can see all three HD-DVRs connected to the IP I assigned using DHCP Reservation.

#5 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

HR20-100 is hooked up using the second diagram (splitter out 1 -> DECA -> Sat In 1 & ethernet port, splitter out 2 -> band stop filter -> Sat In 2). I'm connected to the internet, can pull down YouTube videos.

You've posted the SAT 1 & 2 backwards, but you have it connected correctly or it would see the internet.

What are the IPs and subnets between these three receivers?
A.K.A VOS

#6 OFFLINE   djsmokyc

djsmokyc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

You've posted the SAT 1 & 2 backwards, but you have it connected correctly or it would see the internet.

What are the IPs and subnets between these three receivers?

Yep, you are right on the Sat 1 and 2 inputs reversed.

HR20-100 (Basement) 192.168.1.112 255.255.255.0
HR22-100 (Living Room) 192.168.1.113 255.255.255.0
HR21-200 (Bedroom) 192.168.1.111 255.255.255.0

I use OpenDNS and that DNS address has shown up in the "Advanced Setup" screen.

#7 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,860 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yep, you are right on the Sat 1 and 2 inputs reversed.

HR20-100 (Basement) 192.168.1.112 255.255.255.0
HR22-100 (Living Room) 192.168.1.113 255.255.255.0
HR21-200 (Bedroom) 192.168.1.111 255.255.255.0

I use OpenDNS and that DNS address has shown up in the "Advanced Setup" screen.

So from this, it looks like either the receiver in question needs to have all the networking reset to defaults and start over, "or" the router needs a factory reset and start over with it.
I've had something like this and it turned out to be in the router, and not long ago, another poster had the same thing.
The router should have a recessed button for it's reset. Make sure you know the factory login and password before doing this reset.
A.K.A VOS

#8 OFFLINE   djsmokyc

djsmokyc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:43 AM

So from this, it looks like either the receiver in question needs to have all the networking reset to defaults and start over, "or" the router needs a factory reset and start over with it.
I've had something like this and it turned out to be in the router, and not long ago, another poster had the same thing.
The router should have a recessed button for it's reset. Make sure you know the factory login and password before doing this reset.

So, I unplugged the router, did menu "Restarts" on all three receivers simultaneously and then plugged the router back in.

This seems to have solved the issue for now.

I'm not sure why independent "Restarts" or Reset to Defaults for Network Setup didn't work, but I'm glad it seems to be done.

Thanks to everyone for their help and ideas.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...