Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DBSTalk Exclusive First Look: DIRECTV.com with DIRECTV Everywhere

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Why does the audio quality sounds low for Directv Everywhere on PC, i'm using laptop with Windows 7 64-bit Intel Pentium 2.13 GHz on Google Chrome browser.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:38 PM

OK, where are the iPhone app? No love for us iPhone users?

#83 OFFLINE   HDSC

HDSC

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Still working fine on my droid phone and tablet. I think I am going to try chrome

#84 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

OK, where are the iPhone app? No love for us iPhone users?

Still waiting.
Posted Image

#85 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Still waiting for the iPhone app.

#86 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

My guess is we won't see the iPhone app until the iPad app has all the features they want included in it. I believe part of that is going to be Nomad functionality. Once the iPad app has that and is working well and stable I think they will either make it a universal app that works on both, or come up with an iPhone app that is much more similar.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#87 OFFLINE   Fraaaak

Fraaaak

Legend

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

I installed the D* Anywhere client on a Mac running Mt. Lion today. What I notice is that in Mt.Lion's default configuration, it will not allow installation of the software, as DirecTV is not a recognized app developer. You can change the settings to allow all installations via the General tab under "Security & Privacy" to allow it to install, but many people will not be able to figure it out.

It's not hard to become a recognized developer with Apple, why hasn't directv done so? Strike that, D* is a recognized developer because they have items in the App Store, and i see that the DIRECTV_Player_4.00.pkg is signed, but am still getting the error that it is from an unrecognized developer.

Edited by Fraaaak, 03 August 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#88 OFFLINE   brett_the_bomb

brett_the_bomb

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

Maybe im wrong about this, but I thought I had heard some where that part of the viacom deal was dtv everywhere offerings of all viacom channels. If this has been mentioned before I didn't read every post... sorry.

My setup: HR 44, HR34, 2x HR 24, 2x HR 23-700, 4x C31's, Nomad...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...