Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"The Killing" returns

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,021 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

AMC announced today The Killing is not being renewed. Did they conclude the story with the second season? I've got both recorded but haven't watched yet. If season 2 ended without a resolution to the story I probably won't ever bother.

It ends with everything pretty wrapped up... it's definitely worth it.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,479 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Yes, it concluded the story arc making the two seasons a complete story that wrapped things up pretty well.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#23 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

It's too bad they didn't decide to remake the 10-episode "Series 2" that aired in Denmark. It takes place 2 years after the Rosie Larsen case. I was looking forward to AMC turning that into a single-season remake for American viewers. They are also currently filming a "Series 3" in Denmark, scheduled to air this fall.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about Series 2:

Ten days after a female lawyer, Anne Dragsholm, has been found murdered, the head of the homicide department in Copenhagen, Lennart Brix, realises that his group is faced with a case much more complicated than it seemed at first. So, desperate for a breakthrough, he sends DI Ulrik Strange to approach former DI Sarah Lund and ask her to have a look at the case. Lund, who was demoted after the Nanna Birk Larsen case in the first series and currently works as a passport controller in Gedser in southern Denmark, is not interested at first, but quickly changes her mind, suspecting that the murder is not as straightforward as it seems, despite the forced confession of Dragsholm's husband.

[more]

Looks the BBC aired both original Danish series, presumably with subtitiles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p00g6xvh
/steve

#24 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Bummer.

#25 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Very disappointed!!!

I thought both seasons were excellent and was looking forward to a new story/season. It's a shame most of the country would rather watch the garbage excuse for programming that gets highest ratings. Fail :(
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

#26 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

It ends with everything pretty wrapped up... it's definitely worth it.

Yes, it concluded the story arc making the two seasons a complete story that wrapped things up pretty well.

Thanks!

I'll move season 2 to the archive with season 1 and watch it eventually. I need to retire again, I'm getting too far behind on all my TV viewing. ;)

#27 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

Well, that stinks. I was really looking forward to another season.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#28 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

I am not surprised. They really alienated a lot of their season one audience with inappropriate and misleading promotion. many of us, I included, believed that we would know who Rosie's killer was by the end of the first season. You will never win ratings points by insulting and disrespecting your viewers. The ratings reflect this.

If they had not misled the viewers, it would not have been a problem. It was a very good concept, and deserved to be seen. The whole incident was very unfortunate.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#29 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

If this had been one of the major network, they would have stretch it out to five years and cancel after two weeks.

#30 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Too bad, but then again I don't get AMC any more so it is kind of good news.

#31 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,618 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I am not surprised. They really alienated a lot of their season one audience with inappropriate and misleading promotion. many of us, I included, believed that we would know who Rosie's killer was by the end of the first season. You will never win ratings points by insulting and disrespecting your viewers. The ratings reflect this.

If they had not misled the viewers, it would not have been a problem. It was a very good concept, and deserved to be seen. The whole incident was very unfortunate.

I had trouble getting back into The Killing, and always wondered if it was because in the back of my mind was the thought we'd be left hanging so to speak.

I am glad I finished it, though, and sorry to see there's no more.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#32 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

My program guide says that after all this tme, the pilot episode is being reshown on AMC on Sunday the 6th, at 5:00AM Pacific time. Does that imply that they will be showing the whole series again?
Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#33 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

My program guide says that after all this tme, the pilot episode is being reshown on AMC on Sunday the 6th, at 5:00AM Pacific time. Does that imply that they will be showing the whole series again?

Looks like it: http://www.amctv.com...rch/the-killing
/steve

#34 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Looks like it: http://www.amctv.com...dule#series/The Killing

Fixed your link
http://www.amctv.com...rch/the-killing

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#35 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

At the risk of being too silly, I wonder if there will be a break between the two halves of season one? :D
Luke

#36 OFFLINE   AlexCF

AlexCF

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

The Killing will kill again, it's not cancelled anymore.

http://screenrant.co...d-season-3-may/

http://articles.lati...ns-amc-20121202

#37 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

The Killing will kill again, it's not cancelled anymore.

http://screenrant.co...d-season-3-may/

http://articles.lati...ns-amc-20121202

Good news. I guess Season 3 here will be based on the original Danish 10-episode "Series 2", about a crime that takes place two years later than Rosie's murder investigation.

According to Wikipedia, there's also a 10-episode "Series 3" (the series finale) to look forward to. Hopefully we'll see that one as well.
/steve

#38 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Great news.

#39 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Awesome news, I love this series

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#40 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,621 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

The original Danish series with subtitles was a huge hit in the UK. Would love to see BBCA air it here in the US. The pace of The Killing probably makes it easy to watch and read the captions.

We watched the original Swedish Girl With The Dragon Tatoo trilogy with subs, and really enjoyed it.
/steve

Protected By... spam firewall...And...