Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ASK DBSTALK: When is 921 Version L1.44 (L1.45?) coming?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mcowher

mcowher

Mentor

• Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:08 PM

... and is it going to include fixes for some of the more recently listed bugs?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 01:50 PM

Still trying to get some definitive information on this...
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   tahoerob

tahoerob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:32 PM

Still trying to get some definitive information on this...

i emailed TS for fun to ask an ETA. Of course I got back "ETA is not know"!

#4 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 08:18 AM

... A post in the forums at SatelliteGuys indicated 01/14/04, although this is probably just a target date (and possibly just a rumor as well).

#5 OFFLINE   rudolpht

rudolpht

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:43 PM

Mid month is what I was told at CES. Not very definitive though.

#6 OFFLINE   tahoerob

tahoerob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 10:22 PM

Mid month is what I was told at CES. Not very definitive though.

well i hope it is next week. I basically cannot use the OTA tuner at all now!

#7 OFFLINE   DonLandis

DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 10:14 AM

Mark- I askedlast week and the latest was intended for the 14th for upload of L143. No reason for the delay given- just that everyone was busy with CES stuff etc. I hope to swing buy today to get some last minute info before the show closes.

FYI- I got some quality time on a 921 yesterday at JVC and played with it for a long time and it never failed. Plus, the JVC had a better calibrted monitor on their 921's and the PQ looked superb. Todd Mitchell was with me and he A/B'd the live vs's playback and you couldn't see a difference. No bugs encountered either! But I avoided doing those things that I knew were not permissable. I'm going to have funn with this!

#8 OFFLINE   SJ HART

SJ HART

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 02:40 PM

Isn't it curious why NOBODY that was testing these (prior to release) found the OTA problem? Maybe this is their beta program currently running.... SJ

#9 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 03:32 PM

From what I am told it could be quite awhile before the OTA fix is made available to users. This software has not even entered BETA testing stage yet.

And we all know how long it takes Dish to beta test things.

#10 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 04:42 PM

From what I am told it could be quite awhile before the OTA fix is made available to users. This software has not even entered BETA testing stage yet.

And we all know how long it takes Dish to beta test things.

Hmmm. A number of people at CES are reporting that they were told 1.43 will be available this coming week. Mark reported that he was told some time ago that 1.43 was ready, but couldn't be uploaded to the bird. Now you're saying 1.43 is a long way off. If you're correct, are the others being intentionally lied to? Or is it possible that you're incorrect? What are the sources for your information and did you receive this information today (a Sunday)?

#11 OFFLINE   rudolpht

rudolpht

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 05:39 PM

I was told mid-month so the delay checks out.

Side note (with apologies) Jerry, the A304 board works good on the 503CMX. Latest firmware (1.1) seems fine.

Tim

#12 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 06:58 PM

Again the software has not even been sent to Beta yet.

Its going to be awhile, unless Dish wants to release it without beta testing it.

Although at this point in the game this may be the most viable option.

#13 OFFLINE   Tool408

Tool408

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 07:09 PM

Again the software has not even been sent to Beta yet.

Its going to be awhile, unless Dish wants to release it without beta testing it.

Although at this point in the game this may be the most viable option.

Outside people will not be notified of Beta releases Scott.

#14 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 08:14 AM

Tool people log the stream and can tell when betas go out. It's not a big secrect.

#15 OFFLINE   Rodney

Rodney

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:28 PM

I can't begin to describe my frustration with the OTA bug and the delays rectifying this problem. If the rumors are true this bug has been fixed for at least two weeks but still no update. Those of you that have contacts within Dish, what is the delay?

I was enthusiastic when my 921 arrived and wasted no time replacing the 811 that was already in service. I am now beginning to question the expenditure since I have removed the $999.00 921 from service and replaced it with the $149.00 811 just to be able to dependably receive my local OTA stations. Is there something wrong with this picture?

#16 OFFLINE   Mr5150

Mr5150

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:43 PM

I can't begin to describe my frustration with the OTA bug and the delays rectifying this problem. If the rumors are true this bug has been fixed for at least two weeks but still no update. Those of you that have contacts within Dish, what is the delay?

I was enthusiastic when my 921 arrived and wasted no time replacing the 811 that was already in service. I am now beginning to question the expenditure since I have removed the $999.00 921 from service and replaced it with the $149.00 811 just to be able to dependably receive my local OTA stations. Is there something wrong with this picture?

Yeah, the OTA picture ;) It's bwoke. Sorry...just trying to lighten it up a bit. I'm in the same boat. Kinda reminds me of MS Windows BSOD ...(Black/Blue Screen of Death).

Back under rock.... 5150

#17 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 11:56 PM

The delay came from holiday vacations and then CES.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#18 OFFLINE   Frank Z

Frank Z

Godfather

• Registered
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 06:58 AM

We all knew, or should have known, that we we're going to have some bugs to deal with initially so a bit of patience is justified. Regarles of the bugs I'm still getting a lot of use out of my 921 and don't regret getting one of the first units. At least we don't have to send the units back for upgrades! :)
We will never forget!:flag:

#19 OFFLINE   DonLandis

DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 07:07 AM

Mark...

Ahem! Did I hear an echo???

At CES they would not admit to that but did say there were some other issues they discovered that needed addressed and were recently finalized by their beta test team. So, the last word I heard was tomorrow the 14th for everyone to get it. Additionally, several of my freinds at CES told me that CE had made the decision to do a fuill release of the current inventory and the pipelines will be filled in 3 weeks. They expect to be shipping current day orders in 3 weeks with all backorders filled. We'll see if that happens. One E* rep I spoke to Sunday confirmed that rumor I heard. He said they had several thousand ready to ship.

#20 OFFLINE   Mike123abc

Mike123abc

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:06 AM

Well last night on Charlie Chat CE did say that all the backorders for 921s would be filled by the end of the month.

spam firewall