Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ASK DBSTALK: When is 921 Version L1.44 (L1.45?) coming?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   sgt940

sgt940

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:27 PM

My 921 rebooted itself twice today and than locked up solid after the second time. I called advanced support and they logged the issue (possibly they were sending one of thier daily updates?) any way he told me 1.44 (not 1.43) would be released in a few days.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 04:34 PM

sgt940, if you can reproduce the steps that you went through before your 921 rebooted, please post them as a bug report in the 921 forum so the developers will see it.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#53 OFFLINE   denier

denier

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 02:39 AM

my local retailer just told me the new software release is coming this friday jan 23.
can anyone confirm this??

#54 OFFLINE   fjerina

fjerina

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:08 PM

Well, can anyone out there confirm the SW version 1.44 or 1.45 has been released???

#55 OFFLINE   Frank Z

Frank Z

Godfather

• Registered
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:19 PM

Yes L1.45 has been released. Do a search for L1.45 and you'll find a number of threads about it already.
We will never forget!:flag:

#56 OFFLINE   laker

laker

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 02:40 PM

I would guess version 1.45 is solving a lot of problems. Does this foreshadow a mass release of 921s in the VERY near future?

#57 OFFLINE   tahoerob

tahoerob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 03:44 PM

Scott G reported that you have to reboot after download to get the OTA upgrade to work properly

#58 OFFLINE   Slordak

Slordak

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 26 January 2004 - 03:55 PM

So I asked back on page #1 of this thread if there was anything worth watching in HD. I stand by my belief that the HD package is completely overpriced at $9.99 for 4 channels. The price should be lowered to $4.99, or more channels should be added without a price increase.

ESPNHD is a joke; most of the time it runs SD programming horribly stretched to 16:9 as its "HD content". Considering how infrequently actual HD content is shown on the channel, and how poor the channel looks with the stretch applied, this channel really ought to be free if you already are getting ESPN.

The other channels? I would accept a few commercials here and there, particularly between programs, if we could get the price down a little. Right now one pays a premium in the hope that someday there will be additional HD content; there may be at some point, but sadly one may have to pay even more to get it. Shouldn't these be part of the Top 150 or America's Everything Package, besides?

... In any case, back to the topic at hand. Now that L145 is out, any thoughts on what Dish is planning for the next set of software fixes and next target date for a software release? There are certainly plenty more bugs to be squashed!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...