Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR34 and Ipad Recording Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bevostein

Bevostein

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

I posted this on the HDDVR forum and haven't got a response. Thought I would try in this forum...

I have an HR34, HR24 and two HR21 with Whole Home via DECA. I have no problem controlling my boxes with a 1st generation Ipad. It is not jailbroken and has the latest app version, 1.5 I think.

The issue I am having is that when I use the Ipad to schedule a recording on the HR34 I can not change the start or end times. For example, I tried to use the Ipad to record this weekends basketball games and I tried to extend the end time by an hour. I received and error on the Ipad app that read something to the effect of....The start and end times can not be modified on this receiver.

I then tried the same thing on the HR24 and had no trouble scheduling the recording and extending the end time via Ipad. I also used the remote on the HR34 and had no trouble scheduling a recording and extending the end time.

Any ideas what is going on?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

HR34 doesn't support time extension using the iPad app. Simple as that.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Bevostein

Bevostein

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:57 AM

That's dumb programming decision. It makes no sense they wouldn't build that into the app or have a difference between HR34s and other HDDVRs.

#4 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

hr34 software isnt complete yet
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

spam firewall