Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

No audio on HR22

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MRM

MRM

AllStar

• Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

I developed a problem last night I can't fix. My HR22 suddenly has no audio. It started with one channel, then it got to the point where all channels have no audio. At times, I could get audio through one channel. But as soon as I changed it to another one to see if it had audio and then changed it back, the audio went away again. We have some heavy rain last night. So I'm wondering if it's an issue with the dish, my HDMI cable, or the receiver. There was still no audio this morning.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Vin

Vin

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

Try switching to a non DD channel and back again (try channel 100, it worked for me just the other day).
Vin

#3 OFFLINE   MRM

MRM

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

That works only changing from 100 to another channel. As soon as I go to another channel after that, no sound. I went into the settings and turned off DD and got the same thing (on, then off again). I switched HDMI cables and that didn't fix it either. Problem with the receiver?

#4 OFFLINE   msimanyi

msimanyi

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

That happened to me too, a bit over a week ago. I unplugged the DVR and let it sit for a minute, then plugged it back in.

Since it restarted I haven't had any problems.

Mike

#5 OFFLINE   MRM

MRM

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Thanks Mike. Unplugging it and letting it reset did the trick.

#6 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Might have been a problem with Static Electricity Buildup and unplugging it for a while will let the Electricity Buildup dissipate.
DIRECTV CUSTOMER SINCE 1997
Here's My Setup

spam firewall