Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper - S207 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   bobiii

bobiii

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

I got it. When I tried to use the home networking on my Joeys (3) I get a message box that says that to use home networking I need to use a HIC or have a direct connection to my network. I got a HIC and it started working. I am having a problem in that I can watch video on my joeys but for some reason when I try to play music I get no sound. The music is progressing per the timer bar but no sound.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   rpotts

rpotts

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Seems stable.

Still get error first time playing off EHD, but works second time - no big deal.

Sometimes Delete of a recorded show does not work. it takes the delete command, but it stays in the DVR list. I've had that bug on 2.04, and still there on 2.07.

#23 OFFLINE   dunkonu23

dunkonu23

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

I wish they'd allow us to choose update time. My wife even noticed it this AM. Both Hoppers at the same time. She comes out, "Can't we change the update time? Before it was 3am." Oh, well. :)

Scott
--
Fly RC Helicopters!
Team ALeeS RC

#24 OFFLINE   bobiii

bobiii

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

I have S207 and I think I found a bug with closed captioning. In TV live mode closed captioning works. When I try to playback a dvr recorded program, I can't get closed captioning working. Has any body else noticed this?

#25 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,114 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

I have S207 and I think I found a bug with closed captioning. In TV live mode closed captioning works. When I try to playback a dvr recorded program, I can't get closed captioning working. Has any body else noticed this?

Try hitting the back button once or twice and seeing if it restarts the captioning. I've noticed on a few captioned shows losing the captioning when I paused and I've been able to wake it up by hitting the back button.

#26 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

I got it. When I tried to use the home networking on my Joeys (3) I get a message box that says that to use home networking I need to use a HIC or have a direct connection to my network. I got a HIC and it started working. I am having a problem in that I can watch video on my joeys but for some reason when I try to play music I get no sound. The music is progressing per the timer bar but no sound.

Same problem and my Joeys are connected via ethernet.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#27 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

Try hitting the back button once or twice and seeing if it restarts the captioning. I've noticed on a few captioned shows losing the captioning when I paused and I've been able to wake it up by hitting the back button.

I had the same problem on a recorded program. I played with rewinding and the back button and it generally would reappear at some point, but it's definitely a bug. I think as long as you have it and don't alter the playback (pause, rw, or ff) it stays, but otherwise it's subject to going away.

#28 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

That CC problem has been around a long time. Did it on my 622s for years.

#29 OFFLINE   TD22057

TD22057

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

I have S2.07 (west coast, Hopper installed last Thursday) and am running into several bugs.

- Watching live TV last night and pressed pause - sometimes nothing happens (most times it works fine). Rewind doesn't work either. There is no buffer even though it's been on that channel for 30 min. After playing around in the guide and menu, pause started working again but there was still no buffer.

- Complete black screen freeze up trying to launch the guide. Had to reset.

- Some recordings won't play. They show the current location at the end of the recording no matter what, rewind doesn't work, start over doesn't work, etc.

- Guide will not remember what channel list I'm using. Configured a custom channel list and the guide is always back on My Channels after some amount of time (not sure how long before this happens).

#30 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,992 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

I have S2.07 (west coast, Hopper installed last Thursday) and am running into several bugs.

- Watching live TV last night and pressed pause - sometimes nothing happens (most times it works fine). Rewind doesn't work either. There is no buffer even though it's been on that channel for 30 min. After playing around in the guide and menu, pause started working again but there was still no buffer.

- Complete black screen freeze up trying to launch the guide. Had to reset.

- Some recordings won't play. They show the current location at the end of the recording no matter what, rewind doesn't work, start over doesn't work, etc.

- Guide will not remember what channel list I'm using. Configured a custom channel list and the guide is always back on My Channels after some amount of time (not sure how long before this happens).

All, but last issue, pointing to hard drive and its file system - I would run HDD diags, if internal xfschk not kicking after each reboot.

#31 OFFLINE   TD22057

TD22057

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:17 PM

All, but last issue, pointing to hard drive and its file system - I would run HDD diags, if internal xfschk not kicking after each reboot.

Where are the HDD diagnostics? Settings->Diagnostics doesn't seem to have anything there. And I don't see anything like a low level drive check on reboot so how should I access fschk output?

#32 OFFLINE   WynsWrld98

WynsWrld98

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

S207 installed Friday morning, since then NO PTAT recordings have been made at all despite DVR acting like it is recording them but none show up in PTAT Recordings nor do the recordings show up in user space for those I have timers for that are on major networks in primetime. THIS IS VERY BAD! I had zero problems with PTAT recordings before I received S207!!!!

#33 OFFLINE   strikes2k

strikes2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

S207 installed Friday morning, since then NO PTAT recordings have been made at all despite DVR acting like it is recording them but none show up in PTAT Recordings nor do the recordings show up in user space for those I have timers for that are on major networks in primetime. THIS IS VERY BAD! I had zero problems with PTAT recordings before I received S207!!!!

I've had 207 since Friday as well. Had turned off PTAT for the weekend as there's nothing we need on Friday or Saturday from it. Re-enabled it for Sunday and just checked and it recorded the PTAT stuff tonight. Maybe you should try a reset, or disabling/enabling it again as I did?

#34 OFFLINE   WynsWrld98

WynsWrld98

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

I've had 207 since Friday as well. Had turned off PTAT for the weekend as there's nothing we need on Friday or Saturday from it. Re-enabled it for Sunday and just checked and it recorded the PTAT stuff tonight. Maybe you should try a reset, or disabling/enabling it again as I did?

Thanks. I rebooted it tonight after primetime was over when I noticed nothing new had recorded from PTAT. If I still don't get any tomorrow night perhaps next step is to turn off PTAT then back on.

#35 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,992 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Where are the HDD diagnostics? Settings->Diagnostics doesn't seem to have anything there. And I don't see anything like a low level drive check on reboot so how should I access fschk output?

I don't have the box, thought it has it, perhaps hidden somewhere. If not, then external program should be used - I hope a cover could be popped up and using long SATA cable...

#36 OFFLINE   Grampa67

Grampa67

Legend

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Does the CC work better that the older dvr's I have found that cc is really bad on my 722.

#37 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,114 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

Does the CC work better that the older dvr's I have found that cc is really bad on my 722.

CC seems to be more constantly there than on my 622.

#38 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Bugs:

Theme search for "sports:racing" returns nothing because Tribune guide uses the theme/sub-theme "autoracing" for NASCAR, F1, Indy Car; "Horse" for horse racing; "motorcycle racing" and "bicycle racing".
Workaround for me was "sports:all sports:live sports" , then alpha sort results to find F1, Indycar and NASCAR.

If all 3 tuners are recording AND you play a prerecorded show (call it "SHOW A"), when you are done with "Show A" and hit STOP, DELETE does not work correctly. The Hopper does not switch the view to one one the three tuners to show a live picture. It still shows the stopped "Show A" and the icopn in "my recording" shows green arrow and no delete option. Other things think "Show A" is gone since it is not in the "Edit All" list or the transfer to external list.
Workaround : Press "Live", then red button to get TV status and select one of the tuners to get a live running picture. Now icon in "my recording" has no green arrow and has "delete" in its menu.

Would be nice to have:

A way to delete search history entries.

A way to mark Show icons in PTAT area as "WATCHED". With a minimum of 96 icons, it can get confusing.
In addition, depending on how you watch the stream for a channel, the "% watched is not correct". The only way to get "% Watched" to show 100% is stop each program before it rolls into next program and then do "Start Over" on next program. This defeats one of the best things about PTAT , i.e. the ability to watch all the shows all the way through without missing anything, especially for the PT channels that don't follow any set start and end times. (Of course, this not really practical in a multiuser environment. I was just thinking of my situation, where I'm the only user.)

For PTAT: record date, time and channel displayed, preferablly on the icon or at least in the banner description.

Overall, I love my Hopper. PTAT was a great idea (if I can just remeber what I've watched), 6 programs at once during primetime; really helps on nights like Sunday when every network and cable and premium channel have shows on. The PQ seems to be better than 622s. Like the UHF remote removing all that line-of-sight hassle. All the apps seem to work fine. No problem using the EHD from my 622. Transferred and played both ways, no problem. Haven't tried DLNA and don't have Sling. Menu system and speed of operation very good.

Edited by rgranberry, 09 April 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#39 OFFLINE   n0qcu

n0qcu

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Default priority of lowest for new timers instead of highest. Reason: help minimize manual conflict resolutions. Some stations repeat their shows a lot, others not at all. If the ones that don't repeat could be kept at the top (high) priority, without getting shoved lower with every new timer, then they they will record and the shows with repeats will be assigned a different time automatically.

EVERY timer I have created always starts at the LOWEST priority.
Kevin

3 Hoppers
3 Joeys, all wireless
1 Hopper 2.0
YES, all Hoppers can see the recordings on any Hopper.

#40 OFFLINE   rgranberry

rgranberry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

EVERY timer I have created always starts at the LOWEST priority.

On the Hopper with S207?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...