Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV Domestic & LatinAm Transponder Maps: New Data 6/27/2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

...and with the future D14 destined to supply LiLs and re-directed HD nationals through Ka-band spotbeams to PR and the Caribbean ala the way Hawaii is served, what does that mean for the required subscriber equipment in those locations?

A big replacement program of MPEG-4 receivers and new type of ODU for 99, 101, 103, and 110? Or perhaps the 1.2m AL-Hi dish pair for those areas?

More guessing:
I don't think any big hardware changes are planned or necessary.

Reason 1: they are six months away from the promise of doubled HD programming, and not even a whisper of any equipment changes has been made.

Reason 2: remember the Latin folks have their own hardware lineup -- they have a LHR-22 receiver, for example. DLA (DIRECTV Latin America) has had lots of time to get the embedded HD receiver base positioned properly. And like the US several years ago, HD is a new kid on the block; the growth boom will be triggered when they reach a critical mass of HD programming.

Edited by gct, 21 June 2012 - 12:41 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

....are we looking at a potential move of Puerto Rico's programming from DIRECTV Latin America to DIRECTV USA on D5?

We are looking at an 'already announced' move of Puerto Rico's programming from DLA resources to DTV-US resources.

How they plan to accomplish this is open for all of us to guess. D5 has become an apparent player in all of this, but D5 by itself is just a small player in what will become a some very big changes.

#83 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

A couple comments Gary:

Latam use a LHR22 no an 24 and Although I think as you do that the D5 is going to play an important part on what is happening with PR I think that the complement for this will be DTV-14

Another thing I don't think that the channel from Beam PR on G3C will leave as must people on Latam doesn't have coverage by this beam. Beside a lot of PR programming is on Spanish and as DTV use everywhere sport to get clients in PR they use Spanish channel as Dish can't offer that properly.

#84 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

A couple comments Gary:

Latam use a LHR22 no an 24 and Although I think as you do that the D5 is going to play an important part on what is happening with PR I think that the complement for this will be DTV-14

Another thing I don't think that the channel from Beam PR on G3C will leave as must people on Latam doesn't have coverage by this beam. Beside a lot of PR programming is on Spanish and as DTV use everywhere sport to get clients in PR they use Spanish channel as Dish can't offer that properly.

Hi egakagoc2xi;

Allow me help you a bit with the grammar here, and then you can confirm whether or not I'm reading you correctly.

Are you essentially saying?

A few comments gct:

In Latin America they use the LHR22, not the 24. And although I feel as you do that D5 is going to play an important role in what's happening with Puerto Rico, I think the complement for this will be resources on the future D14 satellite as well.

Additionally, I don't think the channels from Beam PR on G3C will leave since this beam covers most of the population in Latin America. Besides a lot of PR programming is in Spanish. And much as DIRECTV uses sports to gain clients everywhere, they use Spanish channels in Puerto Rico in a similar way to attract customers since Dish Network can't offer them there properly.

Edited by HoTat2, 21 June 2012 - 05:30 AM.

#85 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

Hi egakagoc2xi;

Allow me help you a bit with the grammar here, and then you can confirm whether or not I'm reading you correctly.

Are you essentially saying?

Pretty much, but the beam PR doesn't cover much of Latam in fact I can't see it

#86 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Pretty much, but the beam PR doesn't cover much of Latam in fact I can't see it

OK;

So you meant to say in that part of your statement that you don't think Beam PR will leave G3C since that beam does not cover most of Latin America?

I'm not sure I understand the connection. Why does Beam PR's lack of coverage over Latin America cause you to think it won't eventually leave the G3C satellite in the future?

#87 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

OK;

So you meant to say in that part of your statement that you don't think Beam PR will leave G3C since that beam does not cover most of Latin America?

I'm not sure I understand the connection. Why does Beam PR's lack of coverage over Latin America cause you to think it won't eventually leave the G3C satellite in the future?

Right now DTV PR has 14 HD channels and 11 SD channel on that beam. If they remove those channels then they will lose that space since the rest of Latam won't be able to use it.

#88 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Guys you must remember DLA-1 and DLA-2 for 2014 and 2015 I don't know of those satellite will cover PR and G3C active live ends on 2017

#89 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

Right now DTV PR has 14 HD channels and 11 SD channel on that beam. If they remove those channels then they will lose that space since the rest of Latam won't be able to use it.

Ah, I've got you now;

You'll have to pardon me, slowing down in my middle age here ... :)

What you're saying is that if Beam PR is removed, then its spectrum will pretty much go to waste then, since most of DLA outside of Puerto Rico can't receive the beam anyway.

#90 OFFLINE   egakagoc2xi

egakagoc2xi

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

Ah, I've got you now;

You'll have to pardon me, slowing down in my middle age here ... :)

What you're saying is that if Beam PR is removed, then its spectrum will pretty much go to waste then, since most of DLA outside of Puerto Rico can't receive the beam anyway.

Correct

#91 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

New HD CONUS Channels in *TEST Status
None - No New HD CONUS Channels in *TEST

New HD-MARKET Activity
None - No New HD-MARKETS In *TEST

New HD LIL Channels in *TEST Status

MKT|NET|NAME|CHL|NOTES
73|584|*WCJB|21|Gainesville, FL
147|658|*WWSI|62|Philadelphia, PA
147|658|*WFMZ|69|Philadellphia, PA
147|658|*WMCN|44|Philadellphia, PA
169|680|*KSTS|48|San Francisco, CA

New HD LIL Channels Moved from *TEST To Active

MKT|NET|NAME|CHL|NOTES
25|536|WGBH|2|A3 Boston 02 WGBH PBS
25|536|WGBX|44|SAP CBS Boston, MA
25|536|WENH|11|SAP Boston, MA
176|687|MNT|12|MNT Sioux Falls, SD

HD LIL Channels Deleted, No Longer Active
None – No HD LIL Channels Removed From Service

NEW SD LIL ChannelS IN *TEST Status
MKT|NET|NAME|CHL|NOTES
55|566|*KDMI|56|Des Moines, IA

SEE THE “LIL” TAB in THE TPN MAP EXCEL FOR COMPLETE DETAILS ON THESE AND ALL OTHER CHANNELS

#92 OFFLINE   Gary Toma

Gary Toma

UNIX

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Closing this thread, covering 2Q/2012. Please see the new thread for TPN Map data for the Third Quarter, 2012.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...