Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Configure every morning

nomad whole home deca

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Al Fischer

Al Fischer

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

New user. new to Dish and of course new 722k.

Every morning when I turn on the 722k I get a message to configure and to press and hold 0 on the remote. I do as instructed. Message goes away.

Next morning it does the same thing. How do I resolve this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Try selecting "cancel" next time you get the message. This should prevent the message from appearing again.

#3 OFFLINE   Al Fischer

Al Fischer

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

I'll try that the next time the msg comes up. But what could be wanting configuration? It was set up last week by the installer and everything seems to work.

#4 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

This is a backup feature on your receiver. Have you tried to unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet for 10 seconds to have the receiver reboot? You should not get this message each morning. You should have software version L7.50. Please let me know if this continues after rebooting. Thanks.

New user. new to Dish and of course new 722k.

Every morning when I turn on the 722k I get a message to configure and to press and hold 0 on the remote. I do as instructed. Message goes away.

Next morning it does the same thing. How do I resolve this?

#5 OFFLINE   Al Fischer

Al Fischer

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

OK. Thanks. Will unplug and wait for tomorrow.

#6 OFFLINE   denmarks

denmarks

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I had the exact same problem. Box was installed on Monday. Received the message on Tuesday and followed instructions. Same message appeared on Wednesday and I selected do not ask again. It did not ask on Thursday (today).

#7 OFFLINE   Al Fischer

Al Fischer

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:54 AM

Yesterday, (Thursday) I unplugged the rcvr. Plugged it back in and when it booted up I got the 'configure' msg. Hit cancel and used the rcvr all evening. This morning the msg did not come up. Either re-boot or cancel did it.

If it comes up again I'll post.

#8 OFFLINE   Al Fischer

Al Fischer

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:19 AM

This morning did not get the message. Looks like one of the two actions fix this annoyance. Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nomad, whole home, deca

Protected By... spam firewall...And...