Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MLBSZ on DISH CH153

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Noticed that there is a thread with D* customers mentioning this channel so I thought I would tell you guys that it is on DISH also. Cannot find anything on the DISH site yet.....
AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Thought this was posted on this site. Announced on April 3rd:

MLB Strike Zone to Launch

Launch of MLB Network Strike Zone on Ch. 153

Effective Wednesday, April 4, 2012, by 5 p.m. ET, DISH will launch MLB Network Strike Zone, a new service from MLB Network, in both SD and HD. It will be offered as a part of the MultiSport package, Also available to subscribers as an add-on package with a qualifying programming package.

(No mention of what are the qualifying packages are yet)

Starting April 10, the service will broadcast in a live, whip-around fashion on Tuesdays and Fridays during the MLB regular season, beginning at 7 p.m. ET,

Note: On Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed and Thu this channel will display a slate.

#3 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

MLBSZ is available on channel 153 in our Multi-Sports package. It is available in SD and HD. The AT 120 Plus, DishLATINO Dos, and DISH America Silver or higher are required. The Multi-Sports package is available for $9 per month. Thanks.

Noticed that there is a thread with D* customers mentioning this channel so I thought I would tell you guys that it is on DISH also. Cannot find anything on the DISH site yet.....

#4 OFFLINE   habsfan66

habsfan66

AllStar

• Registered
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

MLBSZ is available on channel 153 in our Multi-Sports package. It is available in SD and HD. The AT 120 Plus, DishLATINO Dos, and DISH America Silver or higher are required. The Multi-Sports package is available for $9 per month. Thanks.

This may have already been talked about somewhere but has Dish also found a spot for the MLB alternate channel that is used for backup games when the primaty game is blacked out in certain areas?

#5 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

This may have already been talked about somewhere but has Dish also found a spot for the MLB alternate channel that is used for backup games when the primaty game is blacked out in certain areas?

I believe it's up in the 5450-ish range. Probably the same "number range" used for Big Ten Network alternate games.

#6 OFFLINE   bigtom

bigtom

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Can anyone elaborate on what content is provided on MLB Strike Zone?

#7 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,600 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Can anyone elaborate on what content is provided on MLB Strike Zone?

It should be a live whip-around kind of show to all active baseball games in play at the time.

The NFL RedZone channel aims to show every scoring play, so touchdowns and field goals, and whatever other intriguing replays they can give you as they whip around is what they aim for.

I assume with MLB it would try to similarly show you scoring plays (be they home runs or any other scoring play) as well as key outfield and base plays... maybe stolen bases as well as called out/safe situations.

I don't follow baseball, so it isn't of interest to me... BUT... I would hope it offers the same experience to baseball fans as its equivalent channels for other sports do for theirs. I'm not sure if the concept translates as directly, though, since I gather baseball is a lot more than just the at-plate plays.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#8 OFFLINE   akw4572

akw4572

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

And this is in HD?
HR 22-100 Vizio 42" 1080P
HR 22-100 Vizio 26" 720P

#9 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,600 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

And this is in HD?

On the HD version of the channel, yes.

I can't speak to baseball... but for the football channel, all the game feeds are HD and carried somewhere in HD so the RedZone channel shows HD feeds from those live games in progress.

I do not know if every baseball game is available in HD... so, obviously if a game was not in HD then StrikeZone wouldn't have HD feeds from an SD-broadcast game.

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

I thought the other thread was complaining that DirecTV didn't have it?

Yes, it is on DISH.

And this is in HD?

Yes ... available in HD and SD. The HD is mapped down to 153 so everyone who has it should be able to find it there.

#11 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 733 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thought this was posted on this site. Announced on April 3rd:

MLB Strike Zone to Launch

Launch of MLB Network Strike Zone on Ch. 153

Effective Wednesday, April 4, 2012, by 5 p.m. ET, DISH will launch MLB Network Strike Zone, a new service from MLB Network, in both SD and HD. It will be offered as a part of the MultiSport package, Also available to subscribers as an add-on package with a qualifying programming package.

(No mention of what are the qualifying packages are yet)

Starting April 10, the service will broadcast in a live, whip-around fashion on Tuesdays and Fridays during the MLB regular season, beginning at 7 p.m. ET,

Note: On Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed and Thu this channel will display a slate.

Does this mean on the above days there is nothing but the "dish logo"? In other words your paying for 2 days a week broadcast?

#12 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

The MLB alternate channels are 5450 and 5451. Thanks.

#13 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,600 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Does this mean on the above days there is nothing but the "dish logo"? In other words your paying for 2 days a week broadcast?

Yes and no.

Yes, there is a slate on the channel on off days... but no you aren't paying just for 2 days a week since the channel is in a package that includes other channels.

IF your only reason for purchasing multisport is to get StrikeZone... then I guess you could look at it that way... but there are other channels in the package for the money you pay to subscribe.

#14 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

I thought the other thread was complaining that DirecTV didn't have it?

DirecTV does have it. It is on channel 719 for them.

#15 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

As mentioned part of a package, it's not meant as a standalone channel.This is no different NFLZ.

#16 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,758 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

DirecTV does have it. It is on channel 719 for them.

Now they do. When I posted the thread noted was still bemoaning the absence of a known uplink.

#17 OFFLINE   saltrek

saltrek

Godfather

• Registered
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Is this channel in a free preview? I do not have sports pack, but I have been getting it. I watched it last night for the first time. My feelings are mixed right now. I will have to see it a few more times to finalize my opinion. It is interesting enough, but I don't think I would pay extra for it, like I do Red Zone.

#18 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Yes, free preview through April 24th.

#19 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,600 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm not a baseball fan, so I have wondered how this channel compares to similar ones for other sports.

the NFL Red Zone channel is excellent for covering the big plays on games you can't watch (without having Sunday Ticket) and for when you are watching a game BUT something happens in another game.

But football is a game of big plays like that... baseball, to my understanding, while it has big plays... is more about sequences of events... so just flashing to see someone hit a home run or drive in a run wouldn't show you the previous few at-bats that may have actually setup that scoring situation.

So... I was wondering from the baseball fans... does Strike Zone work for you in the same way that Red Zone works for NFL fans?

#20 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

I'm not a baseball fan, so I have wondered how this channel compares to similar ones for other sports.

the NFL Red Zone channel is excellent for covering the big plays on games you can't watch (without having Sunday Ticket) and for when you are watching a game BUT something happens in another game.

But football is a game of big plays like that... baseball, to my understanding, while it has big plays... is more about sequences of events... so just flashing to see someone hit a home run or drive in a run wouldn't show you the previous few at-bats that may have actually setup that scoring situation.

So... I was wondering from the baseball fans... does Strike Zone work for you in the same way that Red Zone works for NFL fans?

True, baseball is a different game. The only minus I have (so far) is they sign-off before ALL the games scheduled for the day are over; NFLRZ does not do that.

I really want to give the channel a few months before I give it a thumbs up or thumbs down. It IS nice to have MBLN and MLBSZ since Peachtree TV (Channel 17 in Atlanta) has been blocked by the owners since March. I can still follow the game updates (via one or both channels) when a Braves telecast is on P-tree. I have lousy digital OTA reception where I live so that's not an option.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...