yeah seems if you wanna keep the ol dinosaurs going wishbone4401 has the best answer
Well I had the ol dinosaurs for about 8 years now. Still works great!
Jump to content
Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:14 PM
Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:34 PM
As of last night 2 of my 4 SD Tivos are missing the major 4 locals, CBS, NBC, ABC & Fox, however, I still have CW, PBS and some independents. They are no where to be found, even when I change to show "all channels".
Multiply attempts at reauthorization via the DTV's web site met with no change. Even spent time w/DTV tech support which were convinced that a "clear program info and to do list" would solve the issue but ......
Strange that it's only on 2 of the 4 unit though.
P.S. All 4 have the 6.2 SW, modified for MRV.
Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:37 PM
Read the previous posts in this thread. Your Tivo's must be updated to v6.4a to restore those local channels.
Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:33 AM
OK... but why are some locals still available when others are not and even a bigger question then WHY do I still have these locals on my other 2 Tivos?
Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:05 AM
Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014
FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006
HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK
FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA
Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:48 AM
If your DirecTiVo is still running version 6.2 or 6.3 it is for one of the following reasons:
1) You hacked the drive to prevent automatic upgrades.
2) You did not have a phone line enabled
3) The DirecTiVo was not in service when the software update was was spooled.
Edited by thegreen, 18 May 2012 - 12:01 PM.
Posted 18 May 2012 - 11:39 PM
Edited by johnd01, 18 May 2012 - 11:53 PM.
Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:02 PM
My brother in Portland has this problem. We waited for the HDVR2 release to move to DTV. 1. He has 3 units all not getting locals.
2. Never been hacked.
3. He has no land line.
4.The only phone numbers the DVRs can dial do not answer.
5. New equipment from DTV is not TIVO.
6. New TIVO is crippled and expensive.
7. Premiere XL4 on comcast is looking better all the time.
8. Class action?
9. Like DTV programming better but this is the second time they have broken his boxes.
10. 2 Premiere XL4 with lifetime would cost about $1800 but after that you have a much better TIVO and no TIVO fees. Last I check it counted as 2 cable cards record up to 8 shows at once and come with 2TB drives. MRV is almost seamless.
I did hack my HDVR2's but never got MRV to work. I waited for a DTIVO but gave up on them when them Premiere was released. I love the new software and the 2 TB drives I added. I think voting with your feet is the only way out of this. DTV will not support a real TIVO so go where the best DVR is.