Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DVR List View & Guide Channel Icons

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Spillers

Scott Spillers

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

When browsing DVR recordings on the Hopper or Joey, the graphical tiles look pretty, but they are difficult to read and can really increase the time it takes to find the show that you are looking for. They need to create a "List" view option that would display a listing like the previous DVRs did.

While I am at it, the channel icons in the guide need to be larger so they can be read from across the room. Some are just fine, while others are microscopic. The 'NBC HD' graphic is ridiculously small.
Scott Spillers

---------------------
Dish Network Customer Since 1997
Receiver History: 5000 & 3000 > 501PVR & 5000 > ViP622 > ViP722k > 2 Hooper 2Ks & 1 Joey 1.0
Dish History: 500(110,119) > 500(110,119) & 300(148) > 1000(110,119,129) > 1000(110,119) & 500(129) > 1000(110,119) & 24"(129) > DishHD(110,119,129)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TD22057

TD22057

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

I have to agree. This is my biggest complaint right now after upgrading from a 622. The most important piece of information about a recording in the title of the show and it's the smallest part of the giant icon. Who cares what channel was recorded? It's even worse for shows w/ long names since they don't fit in the width of the icon.

#3 OFFLINE   jbrucka

jbrucka

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Anything new on this. I have recently moved to the Hopper/Joey and this is the part I am finding difficult to adapt to. Using the icon based menu to find recorded shows seems much more difficult. Perhaps with time I'll get use to it but as of now I would prefer a list view.

#4 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

I have a weird issue I have 2 Hoppers and they display the shows differently one shows the show name with the logo like Cops will say cops and have a picture of a cop the other Hopper will have the network and in small letters COPS both are on the same software version?

I have attached 2 pics of my screen so you can see how weird it is?

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-10-09 06.14.24.jpg
  • 2012-10-09 06.13.48.jpg

Edited by komondor, 09 October 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 886 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

I have a weird issue I have 2 Hoppers and they display the shows differently one shows the show name with the logo like Cops will say cops and have a picture of a cop the other Hopper will have the network and in small letters COPS both are on the same software version?

On my EHD I get blanks...titles but no pictures, not all but some, very annoying.
I've complained for months to no avail. The vip922 did this also, and one day it didn't. :lol:
Thank you and
Best of luck

#6 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

I don't think this is a high priority with Dish since it is more of a cosmetic feature. The Hopper I have access to at work has the wrong network logos on some of the channels and they don't seem to be in a hurry to fix this aspect of the software either.

#7 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

I am not sure if it is a priority or they just don't know how to fix it

#8 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

I'm impressed with your only 4% for 67 recordings... I am at 24% with 51 recordings. Is this because of dual Hoppers, or a lot more SD content at your end, or Ext HD?

Yes, Dish could do a lot for the readability of the guide and making Hopper and Joey look more similar!

#9 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

I only record in SD and a lot of the shows are Perry Mason(24) which is in Black and White that DVR somehow did a reset and wiped out my shows which were 40% of the hard drive, I use the 2nd one that is displaying the correct icons for PTAT, to me having 2 DVRs makes all the difference until the units can set stuff by priority themselves based upon is the show only on once I use one DVR for the important shows and the 2nd for less such as COPS vs a reality show like Survivor which is only on once ( to me should put it on at 2AM for folks with DVRs)

#10 OFFLINE   arvetus

arvetus

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

I don't think I care if it's list or grid view...
I sort of like the grid view...

I came from D* with an HR22 that had the list view to the DISH Hopper.

#11 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

the list view is just easier to scroll thru when you have 200 shows recorded it is easier

I want a combined list of both Hoppers

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,291 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Are both units connected to the Internet? If not, turn on bridging on the Hopper connected to the Internet so the other can see the world.

#13 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Bridging was not on (not sure why not) but it did not seem to make a difference same issue still this morning?

The good part is that I can now watch videos on my Home Server from my Joey.

#14 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

Both of my Hoppers show the show name in the tiles. I think you can change how it looks but I will have to check when I get home.
RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

#15 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

When I first got the Hopper setup I also wished for a more 722-like interface option (except in HD, of course) however I've gotten pretty used to how Hopper looks by now. I mostly go by the pictures now rather than the tiny titles. I have heard that Dish is supposedly working on a more "SD-friendly, eye-friendly" interface, however I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#16 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,291 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

I have heard that Dish is supposedly working on a more "SD-friendly, eye-friendly" interface, however I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

That was one of my complaints about the system, especially on the Joeys that are more likely to be connected to SD televisions. I'd rather have the 622 graphics on a SD set than Hopper/Joey graphics.

#17 OFFLINE   komondor

komondor

Mentor

• Registered
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

Well must have been something my new shows now have the correct icons of course the old shows can't update so it looks really weird

#18 OFFLINE   PHL

PHL

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

the list view is just easier to scroll thru when you have 200 shows recorded it is easier

I want a combined list of both Hoppers

I'm considering switching from D* to E*. The lack of a list view and a unified list are pretty significant drawbacks.

Anyone know if E* is working on these? I'm planning on getting 2 hoppers and 1 joey.
HR34 Living Room
HR24-500 Office
HR24-500 Bedroom
Whole Home DVR enabled :)

spam firewall