Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Switching to Dish from DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

What would I be required to pay upfront if I need (2 Hoppers) and (5 Joeys) and would I require more than one satellite dish?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   am7crew

am7crew

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

you should get 1 Hopper and 2 Joey free the rest I think youll need to pay for. The additional Hopper is 199.00 the other Joey's not sure on the price. I would guess you are looking at about 400.00 upfront. All can run off one dish.

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,723 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

One Hopper, three Joeys is the standard "free" four room system.
The second hopper is $199, the fourth Joey is $99 and that is the end ... six units maximum.

#4 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Thank you but may I ask why 6 is the max amount of units allowed? I currently have 7 TVs on Directv encompassing 9 tuners.

#5 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Because that's the lease limit for number of boxes.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#6 OFFLINE   david_jr

david_jr

Godfather

• Registered
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

I believe the limit for 2 hoppers is 6 joeys. 6 boxes (hoppers or joeys) is the max leaseable. Additional Joeys will need to be purchased, but DISH will activate them and of course charge the applicable lease fee - $7 each. There have been several reports of people getting more than 6 boxes, but 6 is the lease limit.

#7 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

If you aren't getting International programming, you should be OK with one dish.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

Protected By... spam firewall...And...