Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problem/bug Unable to play DVR Events from non-subscribed channels

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

For those who have the Hopper up and running, and have an EHD attached..... Do you have any movies on the EHD that you either recorded during a free preview or no longer subscribe to the Movie provider? Such as, do you have Starz movie and you no longer subscribe to Starz ...

My question, will the Hopper allow you to watch that movie? The other forum has a person who can not, but no one else has answered that they tried or not and I see no other mention of it. Trying to figure out if this is some new restriction (better not be) or just a glitch with the poster.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

Anyone?

#3 OFFLINE   HD IS MY LIFE

HD IS MY LIFE

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

For those who have the Hopper up and running, and have an EHD attached..... Do you have any movies on the EHD that you either recorded during a free preview or no longer subscribe to the Movie provider? Such as, do you have Starz movie and you no longer subscribe to Starz ...

My question, will the Hopper allow you to watch that movie? The other forum has a person who can not, but no one else has answered that they tried or not and I see no other mention of it. Trying to figure out if this is some new restriction (better not be) or just a glitch with the poster.

Yes, I'm able to view recordings on a channel that I don't subscribe to anymore. I will say that my external hard drives work very buggy, sometimes I get error code 00 (Whatever that is) but I'm still able to view the recording, also the external hard drive reads as 4% full even though I have 500 HD movies recorded on the drive. No artwork except for a few recordings

#4 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Thanks! That's what I was looking for.

#5 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

I just replaced my 722s (3 of them) with the new Hopper/Joey setup. The first immediate problem I have is that when I try to access a previously recorded program (either directly from the EHD or after transferred from the EHD to the DVR) I'm getting a "not subscribed" error on many recordings. The common thread is that they originally were recorded on a channel that I no longer subscribe to. For example, if I have a recording from ESPN Classic, I'm no longer subscribed to ESPN Classic, and I get the error. HBO was free over the weekend and I recorded a show or 2 and it's doing the same thing on those. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a workaround/fix?

#6 OFFLINE   RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I just replaced my 722s (3 of them) with the new Hopper/Joey setup. The first immediate problem I have is that when I try to access a previously recorded program (either directly from the EHD or after transferred from the EHD to the DVR) I'm getting a "not subscribed" error on many recordings. The common thread is that they originally were recorded on a channel that I no longer subscribe to. For example, if I have a recording from ESPN Classic, I'm no longer subscribed to ESPN Classic, and I get the error. HBO was free over the weekend and I recorded a show or 2 and it's doing the same thing on those. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a workaround/fix?

Please send me a PM with your phone or account number so I can assist you with some troubleshooting. Thank you!

#7 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

Am I the only one having this problem? At least knowing that will help me in troubleshooting.

#8 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

I recorded a movie from HOB over the weekend, and it is still viewable. I don't have HBO in my subscription package.

#9 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm just curious now. I continue to have this problem, even through the sw change to s2.07. Does no one else have it? For the most part it won't play any recorded program that I'm no longer subscribed to. I almost always I'll get a 013 error, but occasionally it's a 371 error. I've also seen an occasion where I can't play a recorded program for a program I'm currently subscribed to, but that's rare. Of course, this is all happening on saved recordings from an EHD, whether they are transferred to the live hard disk or not. Maybe many of you didn't have EHDs, so the problem may not be that widespread if those aren't in the picture. I have determined that if I subscribe to a channel, like HBO, and then try to play a program I was blocked from playing before, it does work (Dish gave me 1 month free of HBO for the problem I'm having). I'm just wondering if I'm all alone with this particular problem.

#10 OFFLINE   TD22057

TD22057

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

I had a similar problem. We recorded Game of Thrones on HBO last weekend when it was free. I transferred to an EHD and then we upgraded to a Hopper. When I transferred it back to the main drive and tried to play it, it would not let me because I wasn't subscribed. Not a huge deal at the time since I was going to add HBO anyway but it does seem like there is some problem there.

#11 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Is this unique to certain premium content only? I transferred all of my recordings to EHD prior to the upgrade and have experimented a bit. So far everything can be played back including a couple of movies recorded when I had Starz free for a year and another from EPIX during the free preview. I do not have any content stored from HBO or Showtime.

I do get the intermittent reported error that it cannot play a recording back from time to time on the EHD content but I just go back and retry the same recording and it starts without error.

JD

#12 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Is this unique to certain premium content only? I transferred all of my recordings to EHD prior to the upgrade and have experimented a bit. So far everything can be played back including a couple of movies recorded when I had Starz free for a year and another from EPIX during the free preview. I do not have any content stored from HBO or Showtime.

I do get the intermittent reported error that it cannot play a recording back from time to time on the EHD content but I just go back and retry the same recording and it starts without error.

JD

I can't say it's unique to certain content so far, but what I know for a fact is that I can't play any pre-recorded programs from HBO, Cinemax, ESPN Classic, or Epix. Well, I can play back all of the HBO content now since I'm now subscribed to it, but I couldn't before. There's one channel, Encore (340) that I have a recording that I get the error with, but I actually get that channel in my current subscription. I can record a new program on 340 and it plays back fine, but the one recording won't. That's the only channel I've seen that I'm subscribed to that has a recording I can't play back. It gives me the 371 error, and I had recorded it on my 722 the weekend before I upgraded to the Hopper/Joeys.

#13 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

Add Encore to that list. I deleted my Lord of the Rings extended HD editions because they wouldn't play back after I transferred them.

Guess I'm just going to have to Obtain them myself. I recorded them legitimately once and now I can't watch them? Sheesh.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#14 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...hlight=specific

I asked that question then because one or two had reported this problem. But it definitely is not universal many/most can see their now unsubscribed to recordings.

#15 OFFLINE   fredpb

fredpb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Any recording I have that was recorded from a channel I no longer subscribe to will not play....it says its a subscription channel and I can't view it...but it is a recording? My VIP622 played them no problem. Just got the Hopper.
Hopper w/1 Joey.
Living Room:
Samsung HL-T5687S 56" DLP TV.
Panasonic 3D DVD player.
Yamaha Receiver and sub.
Roku.
Netgear Entertainer.

Bedroom:
Vizio VW32L LCD 32" Widescreen TV.
Sony 1080p upconverting DVD player.
Joey.
Roku.

#16 OFFLINE   hejohnmeyer3

hejohnmeyer3

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Same issue with me. I had hopper installed last Friday. I was able to play most programs off of my external hard drive that I had originally recorded with a 622, but I have been getting the error message with recordings from pay channels to which I no longer subscribe.

Interestingly, it's not with all recordings from pay channels, but most. (My guess is that the ones recorded during the most recent free preview weekend are able to play, but older ones recorded when I had subscribed will not.)

But the 622 would play all the recordings no problem. Is this error supposed to be happening, or is it something Dish Network can easily fix for me?

#17 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

It's called DRM and made by design, to cut more slack from your hands.

#18 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,703 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Multiple threads on the same issue combined and thread renamed. No need for people to create any more new threads on this issue.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#19 OFFLINE   fredpb

fredpb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

I have the same problem. I cannot view ANY video from Hopper or extd, because they are not "subscribed" channels. Even stuff recorded on the hopper.

I am really pissed about this, as it used to work. Had NO problems on my VIP622. I have called Dish multiple times, talked to customer support, advanced technical support, and admin offices.

They say the have reported it to their tech people. Apparently they don't have a decent test group, or they are squeezing their customers now.
Hopper w/1 Joey.
Living Room:
Samsung HL-T5687S 56" DLP TV.
Panasonic 3D DVD player.
Yamaha Receiver and sub.
Roku.
Netgear Entertainer.

Bedroom:
Vizio VW32L LCD 32" Widescreen TV.
Sony 1080p upconverting DVD player.
Joey.
Roku.

#20 OFFLINE   tcatdbs

tcatdbs

Icon

• Registered
  • 567 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Curious about this issue. Debating whether to keep may account and 750 gb HD and move to Hopper/Joey; or just forget about previous recordings and have my wife sign up as a new customer and start over. The only reason to keep all the recorded stuff is at least half is HBO I no longer subscribe to. May be worth just keeping my 722/211 if this issue is really an issue.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...