Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Change in the way receivers are listed on my bill

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   elaclair

elaclair

Rescued Racers Live Here

• DBSTalk Club
  • 951 posts
  • LocationDel Mar, CA

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I just noticed a change on my bill about the way the receivers are listed.

Before it would show as:

Additional Receiver -- $6.00
Leased Receiver -- $6.00

So it was easy to tell if they had one listed as owned (the Additional Receiver entry)

Starting last month (missed it on that one, caught on the latest) it now shows:

Additional TV -- $6.00

for all of them.

Wondering if I should be concerned that my owned receivers have suddenly become leased..........
Thoughts?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

Before it would show as:

Leased Receiver -- $6.00

So it was easy to tell if they had one listed as owned (the Additional Receiver entry)

Additional TV -- $6.00

for all of them.

Wondering if I should be concerned that my owned receivers have suddenly become leased..........
Thoughts?

Probably not...It was part of the 2012 price changes. Go to page 2 of this document from DirecTV:
http://www.directv.c...GMJ792GMENG.pdf

"Leased Receiver" and "Additional TV" are former names, and "Additional TV" is the new name.

#3 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

It was a name change to help avoid the confusion that people were paying a lease fee for a piece of equipment rather than a programming cost. Status of receivers were not changed.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,347 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Before it would show as:

Leased Receiver -- $6.00

Additional TV -- $6.00

for all of them.

Thoughts?

No and the way to tell which is which on your bill now is to see which ones they charge you tax on. The ones they do not charge you tax on are owned. Hope this helps.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#5 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,960 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

In WA, lease fees were taxed, while additional receiver fees were not. My bill this month (only owned receivers) showed a new sales tax entry but it is much higher than this fee would account for. The bill just says "sales tax" without indicating what it is for. I sent a message to Directv asking for an explanation but have not yet heard anything.

Edit:
I just heard back from Directv. The sales tax was an error on their part and a correction is being processed. It sounds like I wasn't the only one who experienced this.

Edited by bobnielsen, 11 April 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

No and the way to tell which is which on your bill now is to see which ones they charge you tax on. The ones they do not charge you tax on are owned. Hope this helps.

That only works in some states.

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

spam firewall