Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Edges of screen cut off

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sailwind

sailwind

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

I didn't notice this until recently. It looks like the edges of the screen got trimmed, and I'm only getting 90% of the original frame in what seems like a "zoomed" effect. ESPN/History channel logos gets cut off on the edge of the screen.

Looked through the menu and couldn't find any way to adjust it. In the preview window I can see the edges are cut off the same way. When I change the TV to the letterbox mode it shows the same cut off edges, so it looks to be from the source. Any ideas?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,461 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Need way more info here.

What TV? What mode is the TV in? What Dish receiver? What format/mode is the Dish receiver in? What are you outputting resolution to the TV? Is it an HDTV 16x9, HDTV 4:3, or SDTV?

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#3 OFFLINE   sailwind

sailwind

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Need way more info here.

What TV? What mode is the TV in? What Dish receiver? What format/mode is the Dish receiver in? What are you outputting resolution to the TV? Is it an HDTV 16x9, HDTV 4:3, or SDTV?

TV: Pioneer Pro-151 plasma
TV mode: dot-by-dot
Dish model: 222k
Dish: 16x9
Dish resolution: 1080i

#4 OFFLINE   Wire Nut

Wire Nut

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yes, not enough info. Could be your tv settings or many other things. Try hitting the format * button on the bottom left of your Dish remote while in SAT mode, or PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN while watching live tv.

#5 OFFLINE   Wire Nut

Wire Nut

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

LOL post exactly the same time. Try the format button, sounds like your issue.

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,461 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

Agree with Wire Nut... the most obvious culprit to check first is the asterisk (*) button on the remote. It cycles through several zoom/grey/black bar format modes. You might be zoomed.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#7 OFFLINE   sailwind

sailwind

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thanks guys. The format button was indeed it. Guess my family accidentally hit it. Dish is back to normal mode now.

#8 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

I didn't notice this until recently. It looks like the edges of the screen got trimmed, and I'm only getting 90% of the original frame in what seems like a "zoomed" effect. ESPN/History channel logos gets cut off on the edge of the screen.

Looked through the menu and couldn't find any way to adjust it. In the preview window I can see the edges are cut off the same way. When I change the TV to the letterbox mode it shows the same cut off edges, so it looks to be from the source. Any ideas?

Keep it on normal.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

spam firewall