Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Voice LIVE - Audio Issues

DISH Sync Channel Provider Troubleshoot Problem Frustrated

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kfcrosby

kfcrosby

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Watching The Voice last week and last night for the live shows and I noticed an audio issue that was quite annoying. Anything that should have been in the center channel (EmC and coaches) was popping out of the center channel to the L & R front mains.

I switch to a stereo mix to get rid of the problem and the overall sound improved significantly. Same results via DTV and OTA.

Anyone else noticing this.

Kevin Crosby
Memphis, TN
DirecTV subscriber since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

We (wife & I) like to use wireless headsets. Something like what you describe has been going on with our 722k in the last few weeks. It doesn't always do it and it doesn't seem to matter what channel you're watching. We get the audio from the 2nd TV output of the 722k.

When we press the Skip button on the remote (doesn't matter which direction), at times the spoken audio seems to come out the center channel (or in headset-speak) out both left and right headset ear pieces. At times we get audio with an echo.

The way we get the correct audio is to quickly toggle the Pause button on the remote on and off. The stop/start of the Pause button is usually enough to get the correct audio mix going again. We sometimes have to do this more than once, but we've always been able to recover.

Hope it takes care of this new free Dish function for you. :sure:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#3 OFFLINE   kfcrosby

kfcrosby

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

I talked to a friend of mine that work at CBS in New York. They told me that it may be that somewhere in the pipe there is a 5.1 synthesizer gadget that is mis-intrepeting the signal it is being feed, resulting in the behavior of "channel dancing" I am experiencing.

Sure is annoying :)

Kevin Crosby
Memphis, TN
DirecTV subscriber since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

I talked to a friend of mine that work at CBS in New York. They told me that it may be that somewhere in the pipe there is a 5.1 synthesizer gadget that is mis-intrepeting the signal it is being feed, resulting in the behavior of "channel dancing" I am experiencing.

Sure is annoying :)

Maybe DIRT can shed some light on this. "Channel Dancing"; cool title. :D
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DISH, Sync, Channel Provider, Troubleshoot, Problem, Frustrated

Protected By... spam firewall...And...