Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Floating Pointer Over Titles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

When I float the mouse pointer over thread titles, a small window appears for a few seconds to show the content of the first post. I love this feature!

Has anyone suggested or would you consider letting the content window stay on-screen for more than the present number of seconds (I think it's 10)? At the moment, it goes away so quickly as to be useless for me.

I realise that vBulletin v3.7.6 may not give you this option, but if it does, a longer period of time would be appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Lifesaver2000

Lifesaver2000

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi Henry. I just checked this on my system, and for me the floating window stays in place as long as the mouse is stationary. I tried it on one here for 30 seconds without any problem.

This may be browser-dependant though. I am on Firefix 11.

#3 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi Henry. I just checked this on my system, and for me the floating window stays in place as long as the mouse is stationary. I tried it on one here for 30 seconds without any problem.

Thanks, Life ... I'll give it a whirl. :)
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#4 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,201 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

No go, Life. I'm on IE8 and it doesn't matter if I leave the pointer on the title or if I move it around. After approx 10-secs the preview disappears.

Thanks ... it was worth a try.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#5 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,675 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

For another data point, I just checked on Chrome and the flyover box stays up for about 10 seconds if I don't move the mouse.

spam firewall