Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Please read and respond!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fredpb

fredpb

Mentor

• Registered
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I am having problems with my Hopper. I have called dish, their admin offices, and advanced support.

The problem is, any recordings on my Hopper or external drive, from channels I no longer subscribe too, will not play....I get a message saying I cannot view it because it is a "subscription channel". Yet they are recordings. Even recent recording done on the Hopper....like I recorded a few movies during the free HBO days last week, and now I cannot view them.

Dish says this is the first they have heard of it?

Anyone else having this problem? Please reply to this thread if you do or don't.

Thanks!

Fred
Hopper w/1 Joey.
Living Room:
Samsung HL-T5687S 56" DLP TV.
Panasonic 3D DVD player.
Yamaha Receiver and sub.
Roku.
Netgear Entertainer.

Bedroom:
Vizio VW32L LCD 32" Widescreen TV.
Sony 1080p upconverting DVD player.
Joey.
Roku.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=203755

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,795 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

We don't need multiple threads on this issue.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...