Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

E! HD

• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#251 OFFLINE   tardisdude

tardisdude

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Because it's ratings are extremely low. Only one show makes a blip on the ratings radar...Dr. Who.

Actually BBC America has the original Top Gear. Top Gear is one of the most watched TV programs around the World. The original Top Gear airs in Dozens and Dozens of countries and is within the top 10 shows in most of those countries.

I do also like Dr. Who but its ratings pale in comparison to Top Gear.

John

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#252 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,409 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Actually BBC America has the original Top Gear. Top Gear is one of the most watched TV programs around the World. The original Top Gear airs in Dozens and Dozens of countries and is within the top 10 shows in most of those countries.

I do also like Dr. Who but its ratings pale in comparison to Top Gear.

John

That's great, but Top Gear here on BBCA still doesn't get ratings. Dr. Who was their highest rated show ever. http://tvbythenumber...ast-ever/90505/
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#253 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 9,081 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

It's true... I do believe that E! is partially responsible for the coming apocalypse (;))... ditto for MTV. However, shocking though it might be, I actually liked a couple of programs on MTV this past year, so it's always possible something like that could happen down the line for E!.

E! Announces Bold And Broad-Based Scripted Series Development Slate

2013 might just be the year... :)

~Alan

#254 OFFLINE   Tele-TV

Tele-TV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

^^

Hey Alan. Thanks for the link.

Hey guys I'm sorry I wished for E! HD. There is nothing I watch besides The Soup, for now. Well I started taping the new season of the Kardashians for background noise win I'm playing on the PC.

The show is so fake. Every second in the show is drama, they over do it, you know its fake. I admit when the show first started it liked it but now...

And I apologize for wishing for We TV HD WE TV HD in my avatar profile area. Right now I TRULY would NOT mind Nat Geo WILD HD First, then G4 HD.

#255 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,503 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

If they did with G4, it would require the HD Extras pack.

#256 OFFLINE   Tele-TV

Tele-TV

Godfather

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

^^

Hey dpeters11. If they had to put G4 HD in the HD extra pack, then it would be okay.

#257 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

But ratings wise, more watch E! than BBCA. Its not wasted space even if it doesn't interest some of us.

Do you still have SHORTS?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

Protected By... spam firewall...And...