Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DIRT assistance requested - CSN Chicago channel missing

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Madelaine

Madelaine

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

I have a bit of a conundrum. Last year we had CSN Chicago as part of our RSN (zip code 60440). Over football season, we subscribed to multi-sport for RedZone, and then dropped it in January. Now we're missing CSN (429). I've spent about 90 minutes between 3 different reps (one on a 45 minute call) and been told two different things: one is that CSN-C is part of my RSN (along with Big10), and one that CSN-C is only available as part of multi-sport (ie an extra $9/mo). The two who said it was part of my RSN did a search on my zip code, and it came up. The one who said it was not was a "senior tech" and said that he looked at the channel list in his system and it was only part of multi-sport.

So, in a nutshell, I want to find out who's right. I'm irritated that I appear to have lost a channel because I wanted to watch RedZone over the winter, and if it comes down to having to spend another $9/mo to watch baseball, I have Comcast, AT&T, and DirecTV all sending me constant spam wanting my business, and I'd be inclined to see what they have to offer.

Can anyone confirm what the RSN package for Chicago is?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   AZ.

AZ.

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

I have a bit of a conundrum. Last year we had CSN Chicago as part of our RSN (zip code 60440). Over football season, we subscribed to multi-sport for RedZone, and then dropped it in January. Now we're missing CSN (429). I've spent about 90 minutes between 3 different reps (one on a 45 minute call) and been told two different things: one is that CSN-C is part of my RSN (along with Big10), and one that CSN-C is only available as part of multi-sport (ie an extra $9/mo). The two who said it was part of my RSN did a search on my zip code, and it came up. The one who said it was not was a "senior tech" and said that he looked at the channel list in his system and it was only part of multi-sport.

So, in a nutshell, I want to find out who's right. I'm irritated that I appear to have lost a channel because I wanted to watch RedZone over the winter, and if it comes down to having to spend another $9/mo to watch baseball, I have Comcast, AT&T, and DirecTV all sending me constant spam wanting my business, and I'd be inclined to see what they have to offer.

Can anyone confirm what the RSN package for Chicago is?

Thanks!

That comes up as Bollingbrook, that should be no problem! Get ahold of a Dirt member as for the CSR are usless!!!...as long as you have Americas top 120+ you should get it.

#3 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

What IS your base prog pkg???
You MUST have AT120plus or above, as your base pkg, in order to even get your local RSN(s)...OR to be able to even add the Multi-sport pkg on. (which doesn't make any difference one was or the other)
If you ONLY have AT120, or below, you CANNOT get your RSN(s) OR the MS pkg, period.

#4 OFFLINE   Madelaine

Madelaine

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hooray! I have AT200 so I should definitely be eligible.

I'd honestly rather not switch. We've been with Dish for probably 15 years now, and I just bought my husband the Sling "waffle", and am loving the iPhone/iPad access.

I'll send out the bat signal for a DIRT hero and see if I can get this straightened out. Thanks!

#5 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Either wait for a DIRT member, or call back and politely demand you get what you are paying for. Tell them all they have to do is look at the website with your zip code. I don't understand something though, if the first two could see you should get it, why didn't they fix it?

#6 OFFLINE   Madelaine

Madelaine

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:27 AM

That's the odd bit. The first rep needed me to be in front of the receiver, and I was at work when I called, so she arranged to call me back, and I unfortunately missed her call. The second rep originally maintained that it was only on multi-sport, but I insisted he check my zip code, and then he confirmed I was eligible. For some reason it couldn't be activated, so he escalated it to his supervisor, who then escalated it to another tier of support, and they made a change. I was told it would take 24 hours to kick in, so I'd have to call back after 24 hours, and then someone would be able to turn it on for me.

Last night, I called to have it activated, and the rep said that he pushed the change out to my account, but my receiver was still refusing to see it. At that point he escalated me to the next level of support, and that was when "Kevin" insisted that it was only under MS, and there was no way for me to get it without the package, and the only thing he could do was add the package.

At that point I came here for a sanity check. :)

#7 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,156 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Hooray! I have AT200 so I should definitely be eligible.

I'd honestly rather not switch. We've been with Dish for probably 15 years now, and I just bought my husband the Sling "waffle", and am loving the iPhone/iPad access.

I'll send out the bat signal for a DIRT hero and see if I can get this straightened out. Thanks!

AT 200 is better than AT 150.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#8 OFFLINE   Madelaine

Madelaine

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

So, anyone from DIRT reading the boards today? I don't want to duplicate this thread if I don't have to...

#9 OFFLINE   Madelaine

Madelaine

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

If there's a DIRT member around, I could use some help. I'm missing Comcast Sports Net - Chicago, from my lineup (see related thread for full details) and nobody in the phone support system can seem to help me get it back. I'm sending up the bat signal, as there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth if we don't get the White Sox home opener in my house on Friday!

#10 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

I contacted a Dirt member he should be contacting you.....

#11 OFFLINE   Madelaine

Madelaine

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Thanks very much!

#12 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Have you been contacted about this issue yet? Please let me know. Thanks.

If there's a DIRT member around, I could use some help. I'm missing Comcast Sports Net - Chicago, from my lineup (see related thread for full details) and nobody in the phone support system can seem to help me get it back. I'm sending up the bat signal, as there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth if we don't get the White Sox home opener in my house on Friday!

#13 OFFLINE   Madelaine

Madelaine

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Have you been contacted about this issue yet? Please let me know. Thanks.

Nope, you're the first. Thanks!

#14 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

You're welcome. What happens when you go to this channel, what's the channel number? What do you see on the TV screen? Would you PM your account number to me so I can review your programming? Please let me know. Thanks.

Nope, you're the first. Thanks!

#15 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,796 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Threads merged and renamed.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#16 OFFLINE   Madelaine

Madelaine

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'd just like to say, Ray C is a miracle worker, and clearly deserves a raise! My channel is magically back and I'm back in baseball bliss. :)

#17 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

I'd just like to say, Ray C is a miracle worker, and clearly deserves a raise! My channel is magically back and I'm back in baseball bliss. :)

Dish should be ashamed of themselves for the horrible ineptitude of the phone CSR's.

Dish should be proud of committing to having knowledgable helpful forum CSR's.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...