Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

FOX pulls Breaking In... again!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,727 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

http://www.deadline....f-the-schedule/

Burn in hell FOX!!!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,913 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

I didn't even know it had come back .. I figured last year it was so bad (didn't last long) that it was one and done. Who's idea was it to try a failed show a second time?
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   larryk

larryk

Legend

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

They took a mildly entertaining show and made it unbearable to watch, after two episodes I deleted the SL...

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,727 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

I didn't even know it had come back .. I figured last year it was so bad (didn't last long) that it was one and done. Who's idea was it to try a failed show a second time?

FOX brought it back because of viewer support but then proceeded to run the show into the ground by adding Megan Mullally to the show.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Not surprised.

The new version of the show was just terrible.
The premier episode was uggh... and after the second episode, we just deleted the show and the series link.

We liked the show last year, a lot... and had fun with it.
But the changes they made into this year...

Same pattern as many shows... Veronica's Closet is one that I can think of the top of my head.

Season 2 they were "purchased" and the new boss, just didn't work... crash/burn

Oh well.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,319 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

On April 3 "Breaking In" pulled 1.3 in the 18-49 demo and 1.4 million in the 50+ crowd. On April 10 in the same time slot "Raising Hope" pulled 1.9 in the 18-49 demo and 2.1 million in the 50+ crowd. Fox suits essentially cancel "Breaking In" and renew "Raising Hope."

From a ratings standpoint, I'm not sure where they've set the bar.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#7 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

I watched Season 1 and loved it, but have all of the season 2 eps still sitting on my DVR. I like Megan Mulalley in small doses, but the news I read about the cast changes and the change in "ownership" didn't make me want to run and watch right away. I'll wait to hear what the official plan is for Breaking In before I watch the eps I have waiting...

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,727 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

I watched Season 1 and loved it, but have all of the season 2 eps still sitting on my DVR. I like Megan Mulalley in small doses, but the news I read about the cast changes and the change in "ownership" didn't make me want to run and watch right away. I'll wait to hear what the official plan is for Breaking In before I watch the eps I have waiting...

The first 2 or 3 episodes, with Odette Annabelle still in the cast, are decent. Once she left they even changed the opening to the show and it's gone downhill but still funnier than a bunch of other stuff on TV now.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#9 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,334 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Losing Odette left "our hero" without a love interest. The whole show fell apart one character at a time.

#10 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,727 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

And now it's officially cancelled... again.

http://thefutoncriti...ter-96304/9748/
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#11 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

It shoudl really be treat as two totally different shows.

This is another case of a good show, being tweeked because it was "different enough",
to make it into something else (and in this case too much like another show).

And just killed it.

Hey Fox... Why don't you talk to Josh Weaton and see if he has a series that you can put on the air, and keep on the air... You might not be able to afford him right now.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,334 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

What we got on Breaking In this year was a meltdown of the show. Good or bad, last year was consistent - then this year was the season of change, every episode something changed. One couldn't trust that the show was going to look anything like last week's episode. Perhaps the show name would stay the same, but they gutted the show.

Even the characters that were carried over from last year and have not been cut yet were changed. Oz isn't Oz, Cameron isn't Cameron. I don't mind seeing character development ... but this was character assassination.

spam firewall