Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Adding a DVR Box as second causes cutting out

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kCKFLY

kCKFLY

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

I had a single TV box in my system (HD) and the system worked fine. I added a DVR two TV box and it set up fine but now both boxes will cause the system to cut in and out. The message I get talks about card not authorized and this is on both boxes TV's. Both boxes are authorized. If I disconnect the DVR the single works fine again. I did not try disconnecting the single to see if the DVR box worked okay. Dish said they think it is the switch, but that tests fine. Could it be the spliter? I check with someone else who has the same set up and they have the exact same switch and splitter with no issues. Sorry I don't have more specifics at this time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Wire Nut

Wire Nut

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

You need a separate line from the dish for each receiver box. What it sounds like is you've attempted to put a splitter in your sat feed and connect 2 receivers with one line from the dish. This will not work. Which 2 dvr receivers do you have? 722 and 612? This is the best diagram I could find, hopefully it helps:
http://t0.gstatic.co...JLVR9rsJhQrBmZC
The separators are important, ignore the diplexers and tv2 if each receiver is for only 1 tv. In summary, 2 lines from the dish, 2 separators, and you should be in business assuming you have the correct lnb. If you feel you're in over your head call dish network and schedule a technician visit, which may even be free.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...