Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Viewing Pictures from PC Causing DVR Lockup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 229 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

So I have Windows 7 using WMP and Norton 360. I thought it may be important to mention the above.

When I go to either of my DVRs, select menu, select extras, select "Music & Photos", select photos; I can see my computer and the folders that I have shared using WMP. However when I try to select a folder, I will see one thumbnail of a picture on the PC (sometimes two) and then the DVR locks up. I have tried this on my HR20/100 with 059e software as well as the HR21/700 with the same software with the same results.

This use to work for me BEFORE the 059e software upgrade and my Norton 360 upgrade. I am not sure which has caused this problem since both were updated about the same time and I had not tried to view pictures before this time.

Things I have tried:
1) Tried both DVRs. Both lockup and both have to be rebooted with red button
2) Disabling the Smart Firewall in Norton. No difference.
3) Adding a folder to WMP. Folder shows up as a selection on DVR but still locks up.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. I would love to be able to view my photos on the TV again since this is one of my hobbies.

*** More information - TV Apps work fine, pandora works fine, Whole Home Listings work great, youtube great, everything else great.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Best advice is don't use Media Share because it's horrible.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 229 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Best advice is don't use Media Share because it's horrible.

Please give me a better recommendation and exactly how to set it up to allow for the viewing of pictures via my DVRs.

Thanks in advance.

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Most decent BluRay players do media sharing. One of those set up with a streaming 3rd party software like Twonky (free) is awesome.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

mediashare works really well with Tversity version 1.7.4.1. its an older version but i use with my windows 7 and hr34 flawlessly
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

spam firewall