Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Viewing Pictures from PC Causing DVR Lockup
Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:43 PM
When I go to either of my DVRs, select menu, select extras, select "Music & Photos", select photos; I can see my computer and the folders that I have shared using WMP. However when I try to select a folder, I will see one thumbnail of a picture on the PC (sometimes two) and then the DVR locks up. I have tried this on my HR20/100 with 059e software as well as the HR21/700 with the same software with the same results.
This use to work for me BEFORE the 059e software upgrade and my Norton 360 upgrade. I am not sure which has caused this problem since both were updated about the same time and I had not tried to view pictures before this time.
Things I have tried:
1) Tried both DVRs. Both lockup and both have to be rebooted with red button
2) Disabling the Smart Firewall in Norton. No difference.
3) Adding a folder to WMP. Folder shows up as a selection on DVR but still locks up.
Any and all suggestions are welcome. I would love to be able to view my photos on the TV again since this is one of my hobbies.
*** More information - TV Apps work fine, pandora works fine, Whole Home Listings work great, youtube great, everything else great.
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:13 PM
Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:59 PM
Best advice is don't use Media Share because it's horrible.
Please give me a better recommendation and exactly how to set it up to allow for the viewing of pictures via my DVRs.
Thanks in advance.
Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:20 PM
Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:43 PM