Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Not running Audyessey

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

The very odd but necessary speaker placent in our living area Audysessy has yielded mostly useless data numerous times. Now that I have retired my older Denon AVR with a new model I do have a question. If I ran Audyssey then corrected the incorrect data would the Audysessy software adapt to the changes? I am being told that I'm giving up several important audio benefits by not utilizing Dyn EQ & Dyn.

Your thoughts please.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

What data is it getting wrong? Distance, speaker size, etc...?

#3 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

What data is it getting wrong? Distance, speaker size, etc...?

Volume, speaker size, frequency and distance.

#4 OFFLINE   funnyfarm299

funnyfarm299

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Denon installer here. Speaker size should almost always be set as small. Distances are NOT the literal distance. 99% of the time Audyssy works right.

#5 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Denon installer here. Speaker size should almost always be set as small. Distances are NOT the literal distance. 99% of the time Audyssy works right.

Respectfully, I guess I'm in that 1%. Due to the room layout from hell the right surround speaker is placed around a corner thus giving Audyssy fits. Believe me when I tell you I wish there was a better way to arrange the speakers. Much time, tech's and money has been thrown at this problem.

Thanks for your comments.

#6 OFFLINE   Innovative A/V

Innovative A/V

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:41 AM

99% it is wrong....run it more than once, you will get different results. Audyssy is a good "beginners cal"

#7 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

My tower fronts are set to large. Center and surrounds set to small. Frequency at 80hz. Audio, including sub is great.

#8 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:04 AM

Respectfully, I guess I'm in that 1%. Due to the room layout from hell the right surround speaker is placed around a corner thus giving Audyssy fits. Believe me when I tell you I wish there was a better way to arrange the speakers. Much time, tech's and money has been thrown at this problem.

Thanks for your comments.

Due to your room layout perhaps a sound bar would be more suitable.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#9 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

I've seriously considered one but I understand most good ones require side reflecting walls. Maybe I should do moe in depth research.

#10 OFFLINE   funnyfarm299

funnyfarm299

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

I've seriously considered one but I understand most good ones require side reflecting walls. Maybe I should do moe in depth research.

You're correct. Surround bars (not sound bars, those only offer 2 channels), use the side walls to reflect audio back to the listeners. In addition, the sweet spot is incredibly small with surround bars.
LR: 50" Samsung plasma, Samsung bluray, HR24, H25, Roku, Denon AVR-1912, URC MX-450 with RF.

BR1: 32" Sony LCD, H25, SnapAV HDMI balun.

BR2: 32" Acer LCD, H25, Xbox 360.

Bonus: 73" mitsubishi 73742, HR24, SnapAV HDMI balun

#11 OFFLINE   1953

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Even though the setup is to say the least different, the quality sound produced by our full size speaker system impresses us and guests alike. During lunch today as soon as I got the phrase sound bar out of my mouth wifey nixed the idea in the bud. The ideal solution is a to move our current AV stuff up stairs to an existing large empty rectangular room. Maybe one day (will never happen). :
:rolleyes:

Edited by 1953, 28 April 2012 - 04:43 PM.

spam firewall