Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Closed Captioning

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mike109

Mike109

Legend

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

Is there any way to turn Closed Captioning On/Off using a single button press?

Sometimes it’s difficult to understand a person & it would be nice to turn on the captioning for just a brief moment in order to figure out what was said & then turn it off. Currently you have to pause the program, go through the menu, etc. And then reverse the process to turn it off.

Could this somehow be programmed through the remote’s learning mode or perhaps setting up a Harmony remote to do this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 857 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Is there any way to turn Closed Captioning On/Off using a single button press?

Could this somehow be programmed through the remote’s learning mode or perhaps setting up a Harmony remote to do this?

No way with Dish remotes unless some of the newer versions can do it.

I have an old RS remote that could program sequences and had it set up for just that reason but then Dish changed the position in the menu so gave up. The RS was very confusing to configure and didn't want to go thru the pain again.

I don't know if there is something in the Harmony system to do this. Mine won't do it as programmed a few years ago.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...