Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

SL5 SlimLine Five LNB outputs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sunfire9us

sunfire9us

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to add a multiswitch to my SL5 SlimLine Five LNB to change my setup to SWM. Could you possibly tell me which output goes for example to the 5 lnb satellite inputs on the multiswitch? (For example which cable output on the lnb is the SAT 99 output? next to the other 4? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Alebob911

Alebob911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationCERES,CA

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to add a multiswitch to my SL5 SlimLine Five LNB to change my setup to SWM. Could you possibly tell me which output goes for example to the 5 lnb satellite inputs on the multiswitch? (For example which cable output on the lnb is the SAT 99 output? next to the other 4? Thanks

For a SWM or regular switch, All you have to do is connect the 4 lines off of the LNB to the 4 inputs of the switch. Then from there you use the outputs of the switch.

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

For a SWM or regular switch, All you have to do is connect the 4 lines off of the LNB to the 4 inputs of the switch. Then from there you use the outputs of the switch.

It doesn't matter, as the SL5 has a switch and the multiswitch will send the right voltage.

99 is on both the 13 & 18 volt, while 103 is on the 13 & 18 volt "Tone".
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   PokerJoker

PokerJoker

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 482 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

5 input multiswitch? Since you're converting to SWM I assume you are actually installing a SWM switch. These SWM switches (SWM8 and SWM16) have 6 inputs. Just ignore the 2 Flex inputs and use the other 4 for your four cables from the dish. The order is not important. Also I hope you have the required separate power supply (power inserter) for the switch.

Or are you trying to install some other kind of switch? "5 inputs" is kind of a big red flag because the old 5-input switches are legacy stuff that won't work with Directv's HD signals. All the DirecTV switches that work with HD have 6 inputs (WB68, WB616, SWM8, SWM16, etc.)

Keith

#5 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

It doesn't matter, as the SL5 has a switch and the multiswitch will send the right voltage.

99 is on both the 13 & 18 volt, while 103 is on the 13 & 18 volt "Tone".

While I know yours was just an abbreviated response pertaining to the Ka band VOS. For the record to the OP in case their further interested; more fully (but certainly not an exhaustive explanation either) for the SL-5 four output LNB, its 99 and 101 R/LHCP for 13 and 18 volts. 119 and 103 RHCP for 13 volts plus tone, and 103, 110, 119 LHCP for 18 volts plus tone.

#6 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

While I know yours was just an abbreviated response pertaining to the Ka band VOS. For the record to the OP in case their further interested; more fully for the SL-5 four output LNB, its 99 and 101 R/LHCP for 13 and 18 volts. 119 and 103 RHCP for 13 volts plus tone, and 103, 110, 119 LHCP for 18 volts plus tone.

If you're going to get down to this much detail, you might as well add the odd TPs are on the 13 volt and the even TPs on the 18 volt. ;)
A.K.A VOS

#7 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

If you're going to get down to this much detail, you might as well add the odd TPs are on the 13 volt and the even TPs on the 18 volt. ;)

Humm ... I actually thought I struck a pretty good balance between providing more info to the OP about the four output SL-5 LNB, and cluttering the post with unnecessary technical details for the scope of this thread anyhow. :)

For instance adding things like 101, 110, and 119 are for Ku band, and 99 and 103 for the Ka. And all voltages are nominal, and the tone frequency is specifically 22 KHz, etc. ;)

#8 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Humm ... I actually thought I struck a pretty good balance between providing more info to the OP about the four output SL-5 LNB, and cluttering the post with unnecessary technical details for the scope of this thread anyhow. :)

For instance adding things like 101, 110, and 119 are for Ku band, and 99 and 103 for the Ka. And all voltages are nominal, and the tone frequency is specifically 22 KHz, etc. ;)

Right or left hand polarization is much less "useful", than knowing if you're missing all the even or odd TPs on a SAT, and which coax to look at. ;)
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...